JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got a century built cetme and was wanting to put an original wood buttstock and forend on it (It came with some craptastic flimsy plastic furniture).
According to my understanding I need 7 U.S. made parts to be in compliance. Looking over my rifle it looks like I have a US made: Charging handle, Hammer, Reciever, Sear, Pistol grip, Stock, and Forearm.
I was told when I got the rifle that it had a new US barrel on it, but I cannot find any marks anywhere on it. If it is US then I can replace the trigger and put a foreign stock and forearm on it.

How can I tell if it's a US barrel? If I can't tell, can the ATF tell?
Thanks in advance,
Luke

You are correct, you need 7 US parts to maintain your rifle's 922r compliance.

As far as I know, no one has ever been prosecuted as an individual solely on being in violation of 922r compliance. Its usually thrown in with other charges. I'm not sure if its up to the government to prove guilt, or you to prove innocence, but I wouldn't want to be that test case in any event. That said, ALL of my altered rifles are compliant. You are wise to be concerned with this.

If you can't find marks on the barrel, and you can't get written confirmation of the barrel's origin from the manufacturer, you might have one other option. I just replaced the trigger housing on my deneutered Greek SAR-8 with this...

http://scorpion-arms.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=75

...IF this housing works with a CETME, you could add a new US-made trigger and this housing and then replace the forearm and buttstock with foreign originals and still be compliant.

Best of luck to you.

Keith

If you bought the rifle from Century (or a dealer who got it from Century) rather than through a private party, it should already be compliant. Century probably changed the bare minimum of parts necessary to stay compliant (and the cheapest ones at that), but you could probably call or e-mail them and they would tell you which ones they changed to US.

Thanks guys, i just sent off am email to century but my hopes aren't high. I could use a ptr 91 trigger housing but i think i would also need to replace all of the trigger group components, which would get spendy. I'm actually having a hard time finding a us trigger, so if anyone knows where to find them that would be great.

there is a guy here is oregon that make US oregon made Cetme FCG parts i'll send you the info if interrested here is what he has for the cetme

new adjustable trigger 45
interupter 20
hammers 20
cages 55
free shipping

and if you need wood furniture i have some posted in the classifieds they are G3 but should fit a cetme.

and i may be interrested in your craptastic flimsy plastic furniture for a friends build

An adjustable trigger would be great, please pass along his info. How much were you wanting for your g3 furniture? I painted my plastic green, but if you'd still want it we could do a trade+$

Thanks for the help guys, i just got a reply from century and they confirmed that it is a us barrel and that my rifle shipped with 8 compliance parts so i should be set.

FWIW, it is illegal to import barrels off any gun that is/was a machine gun. So the original barrels on CETMEs and HKs and FALs and AKs that have come in in the last 8-10 years ALL have American made barrels. Had to face this with my FALs and get old barrels and have them reworked to match the kits I had.

If you bought the rifle from Century (or a dealer who got it from Century) rather than through a private party, it should already be compliant. Century probably changed the bare minimum of parts necessary to stay compliant (and the cheapest ones at that), but you could probably call or e-mail them and they would tell you which ones they changed to US.
The CETME wasn't imported as a whole rifle so when Century got done with them they would be compliant.
And I put the wood to my.....I put the wood on my CETME and it looks awesome.
Now mine fit really nice. Took me about 15 minutes. But my friend's kit took some drilling and fitting.Took him about 45 minutes
I'd show a pic but pretty sure that gun fell into the Columbia river on the way to Idaho:eek:

Century stopped putting nice wood on their CETME rifles because all of the nice wood stocks and forearms were quickly drying up. Plastic is much easier.....Put on what ever stock set you want on your Century CETME!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top