JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about a 308 military style rifle for plinking and blasting on a budget does anybody own or have shot the cetme 308 H&K clone? All opinions and actual shooting experience would be appreciated.

All I've heard bad about them is the typical Century fit and finish bashing, but for the most part folks seems to like them. The biggest issue I remember reading about is that rather than properly gap the bolt with the proper sized rollers, on some examples Century would merely grind down the bolt faces to get them into spec. I would suggest that if you are unfamiliar with the delayed blowback system, that you thoroughly read up on the operation and inspection of it before you purchase one, just so you don't wind up with something that is going to require work to get running properly.

As a historical note, the HK/G3 is, for all intent and purpose, a clone of the CETME.

Keith

I had one for a while, I think I got it from another member here, I ended up trading it off for an AK-74 (which I still have). The gun proved to be very reliable and decently accurate. Seemed to tolerate any kind of ammo with issue, 7.62x51 NATO surplus, Wolf, you name it. I never had any problems with it whatsoever. The only real complaint is that the gun seemed to be rather crudely made. Ended up trading it for an AK-74 just to get something lighter, handier, cheaper to shoot.

Ask for a piece of fired brass from the one you want to buy. If you reload you'll want to see how bad your rifle is going to treat the brass. I've only seen two outcomes; beat up, or beat up beyond any comprehension other than can be explained by two monkeys hiding under the extractor with jackhammers.

Ask for a piece of fired brass from the one you want to buy. If you reload you'll want to see how bad your rifle is going to treat the brass. I've only seen two outcomes; beat up, or beat up beyond any comprehension other than can be explained by two monkeys hiding under the extractor with jackhammers.

You are assuming you can actually find the brass after it is shot...:s0114:

Actually, a port buffer nearly eliminates the flying, mangled brass issue.

Keith

This is right on par with what I have seen. My buddies HK91 throws the brass about 20 and mangles the crap out of them.

I had a Century built "G3" clone that i bought in '03-ish.....JUNK...I got to learn all about bolt gap, ground bolts, canted sights, poor weld jobs and out of spec mag wells AFTER I bought one...:bash:

Then there are the ones with the aluminum receivers...run away...

MARS import Cetme= Awesome, but good luck finding one.

HK= Awesome, but too much money for what they are.

Vector= GTG

PTR91= Pretty darn nice, would be a good choice.

If you're a lefty, try one out if you can before buying, charging will be awkward, and they do spit a lot of debris out of the ejection port.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top