Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Certify my citizenship?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by littlegsxr, Oct 7, 2010.

1. littlegsxr

littlegsxr Below Canada. Active Member

So I finally got a phone call from my NFA dealer, I got excited like when I saw the caller ID. He said he was sending me a new document that would certify my citizenship and then my Form 4 would be approved. I have been waiting and talking with the examiner after sending in extra print cards, due to not being "legible".
    I asked the dealer if I didn't show up as a citizen and he wasn't sure why this is now required. I will check it out when it comes in the mail and update you guys.

Anyone else heard of this? Funny since I have been printed before in the Military and other jobs...:huh:

2. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

That is form 5330.20, unless they are using a different form now. Your dealer should have made sure it was filled out if he helped you with your paperwork. It is a standard item, not new at all.

It is easy to fill out. You are certifying yourself as a citizen.

Ranb

3. littlegsxr

So my dealer may have just forgotten it. I just wanted to ask if it sounded right. Form should be here tomorrow. I will send it to the atf quick so it can sit on the desk quicker! I am just gettin darn antsy to go shoot the beast.

4. Ranb

The form can also be downloaded from the ATF's website. ATF Online - Forms - Firearms

Here is the form I used a few months ago, it should still be current. http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf Print this out and send it in just in case the dealer's form does not make it there in a timely matter. Include a note with the form explaining that it is for the ATF form 4 (and write down the serial number) that was sent in. What are you getting littlegsxr?

For the rest of you guys, this is how you help out a fellow gun owner on a gun forum. It is better than being a troll.

Ranb

5. littlegsxr

RANB-
    I bought a keg12, they are shf's version of the serbu super shorty. Basically a 7 inch 870. Figure it should be fun. I bought it before I became a member here, now I know I had other options:confused: I would have bought off the member here and done a trust. Next time, which will hopefully be soon.
    I remember hearing that someone has a line on AOW double barrels???? I can only dream-

Thanks for the info by the way

6. Ranb

Welcome. I have several gun related decisions in the past that in hindsight seemed a bit foolish after reading advice on gun forums. I plan on making a 12 gauge pistol from a registered pistol grip only shotgun. It will cost much less than a Serbu Super Shorty and I can customize it as I wish.

Ranb

7. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

It's a government thing not suppose to make any sense. moved here and went to get my c.c. permit when i got there thought i could show nevada c.c. pay them and be done. Lady said they had to send my prints to the f.b.i. and got real upset when i asked of they used a different f.b.i. than nevada.

8. Ranb

Of course they got upset, you apparently did not grovel enough. :)

Ranb