JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aside from the drift here the main points of the story seem to me to be this: The guy did not do what he was paid to do, that is perform all the steps required to meet the law. You can argue till the cows come home one way or the other about the requirements, the fact is he did not do the job. He took money for his shoddy performance, which I think is fraud. Personally I think unless you are a convicted felon or assessed as mentally deficient you should be able to pack what you want where you want, but that is not the point of the case.

Look I agree with you guys, completely.

But there's two countries here in the U.S.
There's the one we know with the freedoms were born with and a constitution, and then there's the one that the gov't lives in.
I'm sure those fat cat criminals just sit back in their pricey tax payer homes, sleeping with teenage prostitutes, and laugh at us idiots that just don't know how this world really works.

I took my class in OR in 2002 and it was held by an ex-LEO and he basically told us war stories for 45min then asked everyone why they wanted a CHL. Class done. Got nothing out of it other than wasting an hour and spending the money to get a paper card that says I took the class.
my class and Clack county was little better than that, but still lots of stores... stores are good especially from LEO, so that you will know what happens if, but little more about gun handleing is needed.

Back in the early ages of "Shall Issue" here in Oregon (1990), we had to demonstrate firearms proficiency. We were required to bring a .22 caliber handgun to the class. You could share a gun with another classmate. I don't remember what the requirement was, but I still have the target. The class I took was held at the Johnson Creek Gun Club and was very reasonably priced. (cost less than the fees for the permit)
Now the class is much more about the legality (which is good) but much less about actual hands on with a firearm (which is bad). Not sure when it changed.
I wish Oregon required range time... it would be very helpful. Also some gun basics like tear down, clearing jams and such like that.

I would rather see them not require, per say, but give some kind of incentive to take classes on concealed carry, firearms safety, use of force laws, range time, etc.

I'm all for shall issue, I believe the 2nd Amendment gives us the freedom to have guns, carry guns, without any kind of restrictions. If we were given these rights to protect ourselves against gov't tyranny then we should be able to own firearms that would allow us to do such a thing.

But I also believe in responsible ownership. I believe that were in a troubled times. We are in between having the rights were born with and being a citizen of a country that is tighening it's grasp of it's people.

You see the unrest in the middle east, even though we are far above what those countries are any tightening to our constitutional rights is going to rub Americans the wrong way.

I remember my Grandmothers stories about the poll taxes and literacy tests to try and prevent them from voting.

My government has proven themselves not nearly trustworthy enough to set standards in return for some license to carry or vote, etc, as they have a proven track record of abusing their powers in the past.

I grew up with guns, I have carried a concealed pistol most of my life, years before I probably should have, but without issue nonetheless. They can ban it, place any restraint on it they please, I wont dance to poll tax music, especially with self defense.

THIS is my most specific reason to say NO to mandatory training. It can be, and will be, used to prevent people of the "wrong type" to have their "fundamental human rights" exercised.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top