Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Certificate of Compliance?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by LimPShoT, Jan 23, 2013.

1. LimPShoT

LimPShoT Oregon Member

So i got my trust printed out ready to be notarized and my lower i am going to use for my sbr. And i remember there is a certificate of compliance form that is needed to be filled out? Was wondering if this is still necessary with a trust for a form 1? Thanks alot.

2. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

As I understand the process, yes the certificate of compliance form is needed. Either way it won't hurt to send them one more piece of paper.

3. LimPShoT

LimPShoT Oregon Member

OK great man thanks for the reply. I got it printed out and will send it in with others.

4. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

No, the Certificate of Compliance is not required with a trust.

Here is the link to the ATF FFL Newsletter dated November 2008: http://www.atf.gov/publications/newsletters/ffl/ffl-newsletter-2008-11.pdf

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I'd still send it.

6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

And I did not send it.

7. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Right, NOT sending it was the correct choice. That USC Title 18 form for certifying your citizenship is intended for "Responsible Person" transfers, not Corporation or Trust purchases.

8. tjwong

tjwong PDX Member

I was told it was needed. I recently purchased three cans, and my dealer included the compliance forms. In the process of transferring two more cans and my new dealer is also including the compliance forms with my trust.

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I included it on both of mine. My thought was that it's better to have and not need than need and not have and be delayed a month.

10. tjwong

tjwong PDX Member

Well that is exactly what happened to a friend of mine in Atlanta Georgia on a riseing sub gun transfer.