JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Out of state people;

If you have any concern about training with us for rifle classes, we will have AR magazines only for you to use for no charge if you feel uncomfortable bringing your own.

There are so many different pistols that we won't be able to provide pistol magazines.

Any questions/concerns please feel free to contact us to discuss.

Cool that u are doing that! Kudos!

Also I was thinking couldn't a person just say if anyone ever asked them that they are "borrowing a magazine from a friend in WA" once they get accross state lines? Asking for a friend...;)

Also I wonder if there was/can be a magazine rental service in WA for such needs. But maybe that would be considered a "transfer"? I have no idea, just thinking out loud about BS magazine ban in WA. If they are trying to prevent an increase in number of high capacity mags in the state after a certain date, such a rental service would certainly be in keeping with that, in theory. Might be a good question for the wa gun law guy on YouTube

Edit: I sent wa gun law attorney YouTube guy an email asking about borrowing from a friend and rental service just for the heck of it. Cheers!

Last Edited:
I really haven't read the law in detail, so don't know the ins and outs of out of state people bringing or borrowing etc.

I'm going about my biz as usual.

Off to prep for 4 nights of NVG...where Marco Polo and eating cookies in the dark, take on a whole new meaning. šŸ˜

Screenshot_20220621-093646_Instagram.jpg

Having attended your classes before, I live in OR, what are the odds that local LE will be informed and take enforcement action during one of your programs in the future? Is there a mandate that private citizens make that notification?

One local LE (County Deputy) is an instructor at Cerberus, and the Sheriff himself has told me directly...if anyone shows up and trys to enforce the magazine law, detain them and he'll stop by to take the trash out.

Also, no notification mandate...

That law won't be enforced in this county.

Last Edited:
I'm not familiar with magazine bans. If a firearm comes stock with high capacity magazine, does it make the firearm illegal? Iow, does one have to invest in smaller capacity mags for compliance?

I'm not familiar with the magazine ban in detail, as I'm ignoring it...but those that are concerned, there's a thread on here to read through;

I'm not familiar with the magazine ban in detail, as I'm ignoring it...but those that are concerned, there's a thread on here to read through;

This is the way. Mass disobedience. F'k these clowns.

Also I was thinking couldn't a person just say if anyone ever asked them that they are "borrowing a magazine from a friend in WA" once they get accross state lines? Asking for a friend...;)
No, as that would be a transfer.
Also I wonder if there was/can be a magazine rental service in WA for such needs. But maybe that would be considered a "transfer"? I have no idea, just thinking out loud about BS magazine ban in WA.
You just answered your first question.
If they are trying to prevent an increase in number of high capacity mags in the state after a certain date, such a rental service would certainly be in keeping with that, in theory. Might be a good question for the wa gun law guy on YouTube
Seems like a legit question to ask him.
Edit: I sent wa gun law attorney YouTube guy an email asking about borrowing from a friend and rental service just for the heck of it. Cheers!
I'm gonna predict his answers and say that bringing "HC" mags into the sate and claiming that one is "borrowing from a friend" constitutes a transfer and illegal under the new law, and that rental would likely pass muster. The idea of collecting rent does not seem (to me, at least) to constitute a "sale" as mentioned in the legislation. Nowhere in the legislation did I see the word "rental", and the magazines are not being "imported" into WA, so I'm thinking that flies... for now...

Last Edited:
I'm not familiar with magazine bans. If a firearm comes stock with high capacity magazine, does it make the firearm illegal? Iow, does one have to invest in smaller capacity mags for compliance?
This law is for Washingtonians (for right now).The firearm will not ship to a FFL in WA with a mag that holds over 10 rounds. Manufacturers and distributors will likely include neutered mags (10-rd) in order to ship to WA.

Since you live in OR, this law does not apply to you. Yet. I'm sure there are pols in your state that are gonna try to out-Left WA and CA in no time...

No, as that would be a transfer.

You just answered your first question.

Seems like a legit question to ask him.

I'm gonna predict his answers and say that bringing "HC" mags into the sate and claiming that one is "borrowing from a friend" constitutes a transfer and illegal under the new law, and that rental would likely pass muster. The idea of collecting rent does not seem (to me, at least) to constitute a "sale" as mentioned in the legislation. Nowhere ini teh legislation did I see the word "rental", so I'm thinking that flies... for now...
Would temporary rental or borrow meet the definition of "transfer" under the law?

Edit: Oops never mind you answered that in your previous post, I should have read your whole post before making a new post ha ha! Seems like a grey area and we need super lawyer guy to chime in!

Would temporary rental or borrow meet the definition of "transfer" under the law?
INAL, so I can't answer that definitively, but I would suspect it would, since it works that way for firearms (see the laws that came out of I-594 and I-1639).
I would defer to William Kirk of WA Gun Law.

Under the law that came out of I-594 (I can't remember the law's number), unless you're an immediate family member (defined in that same law), one could not even let another handle your firearm, as the law considered that a transfer. It was ludicrous (and still is). Imagine yourself at a range, and you say to your friend, "Hey, wanna try this one?" and you offer your firearm to your friend. As soon as he picks it up, he's committed a crime. Imagine you're out hunting with a friend and you come to a fence. As soon as you hand your rifle to your hunting partner to hold while you climb over the fence, a crime has been committed. Yes, that's how stoopit that legislation is. Impossible to enforce, of course, but since when has that ever stopped Leftist gun-grabbers from placing yet another stoopit law on the books to harass law-abiding gun owners?

Last Edited:
According to William Kirk's channel, coming from out of state with "high capacity" mags is OK as long as you take them back out of state with you. So, sounds like there should be no concerns for training.

According to William Kirk's channel, coming from out of state with "high capacity" mags is OK as long as you take them back out of state with you. So, sounds like there should be no concerns for training.

full.gif

While what Mr. Kirk just said in the above video (as it relates to out-of-state (OOS) shooters bringing "high-capacity" mags into WA State) directly contradicts what he said ~2 months ago when this stoopit law passed, I'm willing to accept that he's had more time to digest this stoopit law and what it actually means to us. So, I think this new interpretation is grand news for OOS shooters coming to WA to compete in USPSA/IDPA, 2 and 3-gun, and other fun stuff.

So, rejoice and sing with me, "Phuq Sideshow Bob and phuq Jackboot Jay!" :s0115:

PS: Good to see you on here again, M! :s0032:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews