JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got weekends open in November;

3 & 4 or 10 & 11

I will do a 1 day shotgun on both days, so people can choose between a Saturday or Sunday.

Please choose a weekend soon, as I want to post a schedule for November on the website and here.

Alright everyone, time to put up. There are plenty of us for a good class or even two. I was thinking the earlier the better, but I will make any of those dates work so I leave to you all.

Who else is going to commit?

3 & 4 or 10 & 11

I will do a 1 day shotgun on both days, so people can choose between a Saturday or Sunday.

Please choose a weekend soon, as I want to post a schedule for November on the website and here.

I'd be interested in 2019

I know you said 2019, but didn't want to leave you out just in case.

Depending on scheduling (preferably October/November) I'd be up for it... my day job demands a massive amount of my time so "spontenaity" requires planning and scheduling.

I have a Mossberg 930 and a "fleet" of 500's
View attachment 495304

Can you get away for a day?

I would be in

Ithaca 900 12ga. Thanks!

I'd be interested, but the only 100% guaranteed day off I ever have during the week is Sundays. Most people don't ever want to do anything on Sunday, so.......

However, if the stars did align, I'd be using a Benelli M4.

I'll make Sundays work for me.

I'm interested, somewhat location dependent.
Could bring an 870-12ga or 20ga Mossy maybe both.

Goldendale is about 3 hrs straight up 97 about 20 miles past the River if your coming from Bend, how's that locale?

Last Edited:
I'm up for either weekend as long as it's on a Sunday! Hey who knows, my work schedule for November isn't even out yet so maybe I'll actually have one of those Saturdays off!

Alright everyone, time to put up. There are plenty of us for a good class or even two. I was thinking the earlier the better, but I will make any of those dates work so I leave to you all.

Who else is going to commit?

I know you said 2019, but didn't want to leave you out just in case.

Can you get away for a day?

I'll make Sundays work for me.

Goldendale is about 3 hrs straight up 97 if your coming from Bend, how's that locale?

3 & 4 or 10 & 11

I can commit myself and my daughter for a NWFA training event. Right now I can attend either weekend, just provide me a cost and a list of suggested/required gear as soon as possible please.

Let's go with a 1 day course. 200-300 rounds of some kind of shot, and 50 rounds of slug. 125.00

If you're in, reply in the thread with what make and model you'll be using.

I can commit myself and my daughter for a NWFA training event. Right now I can attend either weekend, just provide me a cost and a list of suggested/required gear as soon as possible please.

See the above post for ammo requirement (I like to bring extra) and class cost.

Here is a gear list:
GEAR LIST

I also recommend something warm to wear and especially some type of wind breaker, it can by sunny and dry but when the wind kicks up it chills things right down fast.

I'll add a list for Shotgun gear on the website in the next day or so.

Until then; Shotgun 250+ rounds of shot, 50 rounds slug, a bag or carrier for extra shotgun rounds, and then look at the current gear list for the other usual items...eyes, ears etc.

See the above post for ammo requirement (I like to bring extra) and class cost.

Here is a gear list:
GEAR LIST

I also recommend something warm to wear and especially some type of wind breaker, it can by sunny and dry but when the wind kicks up it chills things right down fast.

Remington 870P with…
· Vang Comp Full Tactical Upgrade Service
o Vang Comp System Barrel Modification
o Vang Comp Ghost Ring Sight Set with integral 1913 rail
o Vang Comp Dome Head Safety Button
o Vang Comp Stainless Steel Magazine Follower
o Vang Comp All Steel Magazine Tube Extension with extended Wolff magazine spring
o Refinished in matte black finish (Oxide bluing)
· VCS Detachable Side Ammunition Carrier
· The Wilderness DoublePoint-Sling
· Walnut stock & forend
· Streamlight TLR-1 Game Spotter

I am really looking forward to this class. I've been banging away on the carbines and pistols for a long while but have neglected the gauge despite the fact it is right there in the corner. I decided that needed to change and have been putting some time & money on my 12, I must say I have new found appreciation for the street howitzer. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and tuning up.

I haven't seen a definite date, so a command decision is being made; Saturday November 10

Cost is 125.00, and I need at least 4 people to commit...max of 8 people.

If there's more than 8 interested, I'll add a day on the following weekend.

Check the website later today for a new "Shotgun" tab. Can sign up thru that, or pay when you arrive.

Last Edited:
Been gone all day, 4H meeting and keeping the grandson entertained...at just the tender age of 1...he tends to entertain me.

Shotgun class has been entered on the website.

Last Edited:
I'm still interested, but 'tentative' due to possible travel, pending.
Price, date and gear won't be an issue, depending on this other travel matter getting resolved.

Everyone,

I created this thread for one reason and one reason only, that was NOT to see who was interested in shotgun training sometime but specifically to find who was willing to commit to a class prior to winter. Folks chimed in and Steve was good enough to put together a curriculum and set aside two day for us ahead of his original 2019 plans.

Speaking with Steve this past weekend at his carbine course (where I was the only there, good times for me) he told me I was the only to have committed to the shotgun class and he is considering canceling them. I would hate to that happen or at least to both, so if anyone is going to do it, as my old man use to say, sh!t of get off the pot.

For those that do not know, Steve is a retired LEO from a time when practically every cop in this country relied on 12ga pump for a long gun, well before carbines became the norm. He was a SWAT team breacher and has employed said weapon to save his life and lives of his teammate. That price tag has comes with a lot of practical experience that he is more than willing to share. Take advantage of it.

Everyone,

I created this thread for one reason and one reason only, that was NOT to see who was interested in shotgun training sometime but specifically to find who was willing to commit to a class prior to winter. Folks chimed in and Steve was good enough to put together a curriculum and set aside two day for us ahead of his original 2019 plans.

Speaking with Steve this past weekend at his carbine course (where I was the only there, good times for me) he told me I was the only to have committed to the shotgun class and he is considering canceling them. I would hate to that happen or at least to both, so if anyone is going to do it, as my old man use to say, sh!t of get off the pot.

For those that do not know, Steve is a retired LEO from a time when practically every cop in this country relied on 12ga pump for a long gun, well before carbines became the norm. He was a SWAT team breacher and has employed said weapon to save his life and lives of his teammate. That price tag has comes with a lot of practical experience that he is more than willing to share. Take advantage of it.

Yea I remember Steve talking about his first breach when I took the rifle training back in early August. I have several pump shotguns and I wouldn't mind a shotgun training class. Our furnace broke down yesterday and it is over 15 years old needs so it needs be replaced so I cannot go cannot take any training until next year.

Last Edited:
I need to know if anyone is coming to the class next Saturday the 10th?

I don't want to sound pushy, but if there's more than 4 people, I want a 2nd instructor on board to make sure everyone gets the proper attention.

Please let me know by Monday (tomorrow ), as time is running out on getting instructor 2 on board.

I understand the generated interest, and as time goes by schedules change.

Thank you for your continued support.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads