JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Run the Gun-Hosted by Adventure Protection, Ravensdale, WA.

How you perform under stress is almost entirely a function of your training. Maybe you've seen it: police officers in a crisis, trying to reload a magazine backward or ejecting a magazine instead of firing. You can't afford to make mistakes under stress.

We are excited to host the Run the Gun™ course, designed to help you and your loved ones prevail in a stressful self-defense situation.

This course helps make pistol and rifle manipulation 2nd nature and seemingly unconscious action. So you can focus on the situation unfolding around you and make better decisions. You'll do a LOT of shooting drills, practicing accuracy vs. speed, clearing malfunctions, hold-overs, and more, all at different distances. And you'll do it under stress to make sure you're successful.

Held on July 27 & 28 at the Cascade Outdoor Range in Ravensdale, WA, the course is co-ed and open to all competent shooters. It is taught by Steve Shields, a 28-year law enforcement veteran who teamed to upgrade the police academy and post-academy training. He's trained well over 1000 police officers, SWAT members, and civilians. Steve is hands-down the best firearms instructor we've ever seen.

This isn't a beginner course. If you're new to pistol or rifle, this probably isn't for you. As well, this IS for you even if you've been shooting for years but need to go faster. As an instructor, I thought I was pretty dope with pistol and competent with carbine. I took this course with one of our instructors, and it was transformative. We'll be helping teach this course.

Feel free to pass this along to your friends who might be interested.

The pistol day is nearly sold out. There are still spaces for rifle.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment or send a PM.

Last Edited:
Who cares go go go
Don't work that way .
Unless I use sick days and I can't get a vacation .
That week .
And I won't know what days I will have off in July.
Till we pick new routes in May .
And I got other things going on .
I need to save my sick days for when I need them.
So I'm not going to pay for it then I can't go

Don't work that way .
That week .

:s0057:

That's how that makes me feel.

I just checked the registrations for this and...WOW!

We had 20 slots available for each Pistol and Rifle and as of this morning we have 1 slot available for Pistol, and 11 slots available for Rifle.

If you register by June 15, you can get 50.00 off the cost of each class you register for, by putting in the code "50OFF" at checkout.

Since this is not my facility, the cost for range, insurance and instructors are prepaid, so we cannot allow rescheduling or refunds.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment or send a PM.

Don't work that way .
That week .

Plan on being sick those days! :D

The weekend was great! Had 20 students for the Pistol class, and 11 for the Rifle. We had a wide variety of shooter skill levels, but by the end of the day, everyone was nailing it!

Already being asked when we're coming back! Am sincerely humbled by the responses I've received...next year is already being discussed.

A big thank you to Paul and Katon, my brother instructors.

Enjoy the photos from the Pistol class.

Run the Pistol 7-27-19.jpg

7-27-19-1.jpg

7-27-19-2.jpg

7-27-19-3.jpg

7-27-19-4.jpg

7-27-19-5.jpg

7-27-19-6.jpg

I took the Rifle Class on Sunday, training was excellent and Steve, Paul, and Katon really took the time to help each one of us students become better shooters and more efficient at operating our AR15s.

This was such a great course! Fantastic training experience. We had a wide range of newish shooters to post-military shooters, and EVERYONE came away with minds blown. One of the reasons why we love Steve is his intense focus on practicality and efficiency in training. He strips away all the crap and brings to the front all the techniques that absolutely work. He's had the benefit of reviewing scores of law enforcement after-action reports and interviewing scores of officers. He's brought what works on the streets into his training. And what works will save your life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top