JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Drove out on the 18th of Sept to attend a course at Cerberus Training Group (Cerberus Professional Training Group) in Goldendale WA. Thought I would post a short review on their "Run the Gun" pistol course.

First, I must thank Steve Shields for allowing me to stay over night on his property, saves on a hotel stay and it's a beautiful area. Sleeping in the back of my Jeep surrounded by gear, on a gun range…I was in my happy place!

The range is laid out well and situated on 40+ acres of beautiful land, Steve's home is on site, I have to admit, he's living my dream…Steve also makes his own ammo on site and (so long as he has the inventory) can supply his students with ammunition at VERY reasonable prices, especially now a days.

The course started promptly at 9am and ran till around 5pm, I believe there were 15 students, everyone was great, safe and had good attitudes.

After introductions, Steve and his assistant instructor Morgan ran the class though some basics, dry fire drills, firearm manipulations and discussions on various training topics along with some bad jokes…hah!

Run The Gun is designed to bring the student beyond the fundamentals and into more realistic training ("You run the gun so the gun does not run you"). There was a lot of info dumped over the course of a day, which seemed to fly by. Steve is awesome at feeding you information that you will still be processing two days later, or a week later in my case! From reassessing how I utilize my sights/sight picture to having a combat focused mind should the situation arise, we worked on various drills through out the day with a lunch break at noon.

Both Steve and Morgan are phenomenal and attentive instructors, everything you do has or should have a reason behind it and a proven method, this was something Steve drilled into us throughout the session. His ability to deliver information and training with all the BS stripped away, coupled with his explanations as to the "who, what and why" of training, is amazing. The drills and shooting we ran were all focused around being efficient and tossing out the garbage, I loved it.

I took away several new ideas and techniques and have implemented most of them into my range time already. I am greatly looking forward to continued training with Cerberus Training Group and Mr. Shields.

If you are looking for that next step in your training, do not hesitate to take a course through Cerberus, you will not regret it!

*Morgan, you still owe me a massage…

**Steve, I'm scouring the internet hoping to win that 100.00 bucks!

IMG_20200919_072940.jpg IMG_20200919_104753.jpg IMG_20200919_070512.jpg

Agree. Excellent instructors presenting very useful foundational information about efficient manipulation of the handgun, as well as the rifle on the following day. Some aspects not within the doctrines I'm used to but there's nothing ever bad about learning new ways to do things because there's always more than one way to get the right thing done.

Also, Steve, stop holding my binder hostage...I give in to your demands. Send it back to me along with a hat patch so I can advertise Cerberus for ya at my local ranges! HAHA!

Also, Steve, stop holding my binder hostage...I give in to your demands. Send it back to me along with a hat patch so I can advertise Cerberus for ya at my local ranges! HAHA!

Shooters have to earn the patch and pin swag...and only holding the binder as a reminder to keep your head up, eyes down range, even when eating cake.

Shoot me your address and I'll get it in the mail...along with a parting love gift.

I'll second that review that @Triton900 wrote -- I was there at the same session, and it was a useful, well-done affair. I walked away with a few tweaks to make to my EDC setup, and some skills to work on. I look forward to repeating the class, and taking the rifle version next year.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top