JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had two revolvers Cerakoted, One i Liked the other I'm not sure. Choose your Cerakote Craftsman wisely. Make sure he or she does good work with a long track record. It costs lots of time effort and money to strip a poor job and reapply Cerakote.

Stainless is the bestest!! If more guns came in stainless, I'd have more guns!

Man, now I have to go look for a stainless AR.

On topic, I've seen some interesting revolvers over the years. You could maybe accent it with polished spots, like the indents in the cylinder (I'm sure there's a name for those). Some of the guys on one of the Ruger Forums are masterful at customs and have some great builds. Let me go see if I can find a couple.

Edit: a guy that goes by the name Waveform on RugerForum.Net has done a lot of cool customs but it looks like a lot of his pictures are no longer functional. That's a real shame.

Last Edited:
If you were in Portland I would suggest you talk to Buster Beaver in Wilsonville. They do CeraKote. I've never shopped there and don't know the guys and I'm not getting any kick backs from them, but the work on their website is nice.
They are a sponsor on this site.

I'm considering getting my SP101 .357 2.25" done. Anyone have theirs done up and want to share photos? I'm not much of a stainless fan.
I wonder what the cost/time comparison would be to trading your current SP101 for a factory Cerakoted SP101 vs finding a competent gunsmith to have your current gun Cerakoted?

1597545631130.png

I have an old marlin 22lr bolt action rifle I wanted to get the barrel done. This was my dads first rifle when he was 12, and gave it to me when I turned 12. Now I'd like to pass it off to my son next year on his 12th birthday. It was made in the 60s so it's definitely seen better days. Anyone know a good gunsmith that would be able to restore it for me? It's probably not worth much, but it has a ton of sentimental value to me.

received_233817467739873.jpeg

Go with jeramy
I have an old marlin 22lr bolt action rifle I wanted to get the barrel done. This was my dads first rifle when he was 12, and gave it to me when I turned 12. Now I'd like to pass it off to my son next year on his 12th birthday. It was made in the 60s so it's definitely seen better days. Anyone know a good gunsmith that would be able to restore it for me? It's probably not worth much, but it has a ton of sentimental value to me.

View attachment 736236
@Velzey he will get the job done right!

When it's time to let it go, hope you can find a buyer who is as enthusiastic about cerakote as you are.

I've seen a couple of Rugers in cerakote in gun shops. They tended to linger there a long time before adoption by a new owner.

But what do I know, maybe you intend to keep it the rest of your life and enjoy it the whole time.

Stainless is the bestest!! If more guns came in stainless, I'd have more guns!

Man, now I have to go look for a stainless AR.

On topic, I've seen some interesting revolvers over the years. You could maybe accent it with polished spots, like the indents in the cylinder (I'm sure there's a name for those). Some of the guys on one of the Ruger Forums are masterful at customs and have some great builds. Let me go see if I can find a couple.

Edit: a guy that goes by the name Waveform on RugerForum.Net has done a lot of cool customs but it looks like a lot of his pictures are no longer functional. That's a real shame.
I hate stainless. I have an SP101 that was given to me a longtime ago. I'm about ready to rattle can it.

View attachment 736236

Velzey could re-blue the rifle for a very fair price. Then you can teach your son how to take care of a blued firearm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top