JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am trying to cerakote a few pieces and i keep getting the same out come... any ideas?

IMG_20200914_163512_683.jpg

Spray gun setting are off, too heavy an application surface is not clean/prepped as well as it could be and mix the paint bottle for 10 minutes before mixing and another 10 minute after mixing. Never too much mixing! Go back to the Cerakote manual and/or video and on a sheet of paper or a sheet of cardboard test your settings for air pressure, the fan pattern and ensure you have a comfortable trigger adjustment so you don't feel like pulling back more than 3 inches.

Purple, there's your problem right there!:s0140:

Just kidding! Hope you can get it ironed out and be sure to post some pics of the outcome.:s0155:

Hm you mean like this? Its not cerakote and I couldn't tell you what causes this. From my previous finishing experience its usually "paint incompatibility". In my case there it was both rustoleum enamel. Maybe you applied it too thick and or had solvents still on it. Sometimes this happens when its applied too thick....

IMG_20200423_150354.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads