Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cerakote High Gloss????

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by RetiredLEO, Feb 22, 2014.

1. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO Southern Oregon Coast Active Member

Red Creek Tactical is doing a black high gloss Cerakote on my NHC. Has anyone had a high gloss finish done, or even seen one? I've always loved a deep, high polish blued firearm, but they are far less practical than the finishes available today. Hope I'm making the right decision in going with the high gloss.
    Thanks
    Semper Fi

2. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

What you just said is the reason I don't offer hot blue in my shop yet but do offer Cerakote.I want to offer it but it seems everyone is going to the spray on finishes. I have seen some semi gloss finishes that some guys will do by adding a little more hardener (from what I'm told) but haven't seen a true gloss finish and haven't had a request for one yet in my shop. I've been looking for a cerakote that looks like a true blue finish. I've found a couple colors that are close but nothing perfect. That being said, in my experience the Cerakote is a good durable finish and you should be happy.

3. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO Southern Oregon Coast Active Member

Thanks very much for the input. When I receive my firearm back I'll post an update. I do feel better about my decision now based on some expert knowledge and experience.