JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im cerakoting the barrel on my rem 700 tonight.. I was wondering if I should tape off the top of the action where the scope rail bolts to the gun.. So its metal on metal.. Or is it OK to just have the cerakote between the two.. I know cerakote is pretty thin.. Shouldn't be a problem right?? I know u should not do the inside of scope rings.. Thats common sense.. But I wasn't sure about between the action and rail... Any help would be rad..

Do you have the bake that stuff on? That's what I know it to be.
There is two different types of cerakote. There is one you bake on (2 part cerakote color/hardener). Must be baked from 180 degrees to 250 depending on the material. And there is a 1 part air dry cerakote thats for high temp applications (barrels). You will also use the high temp version for scopes as you cannot bake them. The high temp air dry version can also be used on polymer (so can the bake version at low temps and a longer bake time). And you CAN use it on the whole gun if you can't bake it or don't have room in your oven. Both are ceramic base.. The air dry cerakote is better than baked duracoat in my opinion.. Its one part, easy to spray and it dries hard, holds up well and is just as resistant to solvents. I use the high temp air dry on this whole rifle and it looks perfect. Unless you are dragging your gun through mud, gravel and combat I think the air dry stuff is more than sufficient..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top