JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I didn't see any threads on this vendor, so I thought I'd add something here for folks to check out. I had not heard of/noticed these folks before, even though they are a supporting vendor, but it looks like they're doing a decent job down in Willsonville.

I met the owner, John, this week (as well as his son) when he contacted me to buy a gun I had for sale. I met him at his shop and he took me on a tour of the place. It's the kind of place you'd drive by and perhaps hardly notice, but now that I've been inside, I have to say, it's worth a stop in to see what they have.

They are certified in Cerakote finishes. I got to see some of their work, and it was impressive. But they are also an 01 FFL and sell firearms, accessories and ammo. He took me into the big walk-in safe/room and I got a chance to see some beautiful guns, from AR's to pistols to some gorgeous Beretta over/unders with some spectacular scroll work. They can also do some gunsmithing. I asked if they could thread barrels and he said they could.

Anyway, you may want to check them out. I've got a gun I'm hoping to get finished down the road and I think I'm going to take it to them to have the work done.

Oh, and they have tons of .50 cal ammo cans for sale, just FYI.

You can check out their website here: http://buster-beaver.com/

I had an AR done by Buster/Beaver. There is a photo of it on their website. It is the light blue and silver AR that says Critter Gitter on the stock.
I call that color snow camo, some people just think it is way too off beat and that I have devalued the gun. That's bullbubblegum ARs are so common these days that people who like them often have two or more. B/B does good work. I had my 338 cera-coated by another company but that company did not do as nice a job as Buster/Beaver did on the AR.

So recently I picked up an old Colt 1917 model revolver that is in pretty sad shape. I stripped it down the bare metal and got most of the rust off of it. I took it over to B/B last week to see what they could do with it. Chase said they could make it look better but could not do anything about the pitting. That's fine. It looked like someone had left it some place where moisture could collect on it off and on. The frame is rusted and pitted in several places as is the cylinder and there are a couple of spots inside the bore. The gun still works the way it is supposed to work as far as the cylinder rotating and the hammer and trigger work. I have not loaded and fired it yet.
This gun will never get full power loads in it, but I will shoot it just to make sure it is completely functional.

I'll never go there again! They treated me like I was a hassle to them when I took stuff to get cerakoted. I'm trying to spend money with them and they made me feel like I'm a huge pain in the butt! I would highly recommend that people go elsewhere and get treated like they should!!!!!

They have to take the firearms apart to do the Cerrakoting, but they certainly don't know how to install new custom fitted sights, especially the owners son.
When you hear a large ball peen hammer whacking away on your new HK Tactical slide and very expensive new sights, then you see the damage he has done, it makes you want to throw up.

Notice the shiny metal where he filed the side of the bevel, not the underside as he should have to reduce the width of the bevel.
Plus he didn't take into account that the slide has a raised edge on top and that's where he decided to hit it harder to make it fit. He also broke the tritium vials inside.

hk 45 005.JPG hk 45 003.JPG

They have to take the firearms apart to do the Cerrakoting, but they certainly don't know how to install new custom fitted sights, especially the owners son.
When you hear a large ball peen hammer whacking away on your new HK Tactical slide and very expensive new sights, then you see the damage he has done, it makes you want to throw up.

Notice the shiny metal where he filed the side of the bevel, not the underside as he should have to reduce the width of the bevel.
Plus he didn't take into account that the slide has a raised edge on top and that's where he decided to hit it harder to make it fit. He also broke the tritium vials inside.

View attachment 290278 View attachment 290279

Wow, that's not cool. They didn't try to make it up to you in some way?

What the heck..the instructions clearly state to use a sight pusher! Any hammering will break the vials...ughh

Welp this is why I have $3000 plus into just sight pushers.

That needs a dislike button!

I guess we know who to use now...;)

I've never used @Velzey for anything before but I have him in my phone as my go to guy for any gunsmithing, cerekoting etc work just based off of posts from people that have used him.;)

View attachment 290278 View attachment 290279

Wow! Just wow! Thanks for sharing your pain! That's the suckiest work I've ever seen!o_O

I've never used @Velzey for anything before but I have him in my phone as my go to guy for any gunsmithing, cerekoting etc work just based off of posts from people that have used him.;)

I've got one or two Cerakoting jobs to have done, both will be going to @Velzey once I have the $$ set aside - a few months ago I didn't even know he offered that service. Really nice guy, helped me out with a Glock warranty issue and did a 'safety' check on a used Mosin for me a while back. Definitely recommend him, especially for his service - seems he always stands by his work, unlike some others :mad:

I demanded the installation fee back, which I got, but he wouldn't reimburse me for the cost of a new pair of sights. He said that I must have dropped the gun when I left his store after picking it up.
I did take it outside to get a better look at his workmanship, since his store is really dim inside.
It still makes me mad thinking about the whole episode.
I should have taken it elsewhere when the owners son said that his technician was super busy and he would do the work himself.

I too took a gun there to sell to John. Interesting guy, and his son seemed nice.

John used to own a Ford Dealership, I forget which one. His buddy came to my house to check out the gun he was interested in. A guy who fills in at Keiths Gun Shop sometimes. Interesting guy.... way into guns... like entire back of his truck was loaded up with rifles- permanently. Extreme is a good word to use. Anyways... seemed nice enough, as did John and his son.

So, I called to get a price on some Cerakote work. Long story short- the quote was sky high. Absurd high.

I ended up out at a place in Estacada - Oregon Timberwolf Gunsmiths. Did great, expeidient work for a great price. Great conversation, and... you can tell when you walk in it's a true gunsmith shop. Equipped well, and been around.

I'd never go back to Buster Beaver for any services. Still a nice group of guys I enjoyed talking to, just not someone I'd do business with.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top