Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Century Link?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shellshocker66, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Shellshocker66

Shellshocker66 Southern Oregon Member

So it's official I'm moving to Eagle Point next week.

So trying to find internet service I discovered I was limited. It was either go Satellite or Century Link DSL.

So I got a package deal with Century Link. Was wondering what other people experience with the company? Are they decent? How well does the DSL work?

Thanks in advance!

2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

I have CL at home and at the office, it works just fine but they do call to much wanting to add a service that i already have seems the butt and head are not wired together, decent enough

3. blk04specv

blk04specv Hillsboro Member

I would choose DSL over satellite any day.

Nightshade, Nwcid, NCW Ray and 3 others like this.
  4. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

I can't speak to their residential service, but my experience with their commercial as well as their customer support is inline with what Nightshade said specifically about their customer support. In my experince, they perform the same in both the service and the support (less-than-desired.)

5. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

I'm in Eagle Point....works fine.

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I have satellite and if I had ANY other choice I would take it. My satellite works well but is only 1mbp service and is expensive and had download caps.

7. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Do not get satellite. ANYTHING hard wired is best for internet.

The company itself is meh.. However, I haven't had any issues with them either. My only internet options are wireless aircards (cellphone style) we tried it, and it was extremely miserable. Or the lowest tier DSL Qwest/CenturyLink offered, and on top of that I had to beg them for months to get them to hook us up.

Wired internet is the way go.