JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry but can't find the thread that I thought used to exist on this. Tried the search function. Anybody?
Thanks!

handled one in Cabelas and have the urge to buy. Wallet says no but where there's a will there's a way. Everything online is almost too complimentary. Even Hicok45 has a gushy review.

Funds are holding me up at the moment, I might sell a revolver I never shoot soon. With that and my Cabelas points I might be near the price of the C39.
What's Kalashnikov USA gonna ask for their version I wonder?

I like the fact that you won't have to think of the 922 compliant thing with American made AKs though.

One upside to a Kalashnikov USA version is it would likely have a means to mount optics. I may be mistaken, but most C39's have neither the AK side rail nor a picatinny rail. Many C39's also don't accept other standard AK parts/accessories. Also, I don't really see a need for a milled receiver, probably weighs an additional pound without really providing any quantifiable benefits. But I'd bet it's a decent gun all in all, just wouldn't be my choice.

Hey if you still haven't bought it there a great thing that happened to me for waiting.... There was a sale a week ago for cabela gift card the deal was 50$ gift card for40$ so I bought 17 for 680 and have 850$ in gift card and I was very interested in buying the c39 but cabelas price is too high 800$ so I did some research and found cabelas price match and found an online price of 649.88 took it to cabelas and bought it for 700$ and I used my gift cards and use 14 so I ended up waisting 560 of my money
Funds are holding me up at the moment, I might sell a revolver I never shoot soon. With that and my Cabelas points I might be near the price of the C39.
What's Kalashnikov USA gonna ask for their version I wonder?

I like the fact that you won't have to think of the 922 compliant thing with American made AKs though.

Excellent deal Cristian!
At this time even that would be out of my price range but I usually, eventually get what I want.

Looking forward to a Range Report though!

One upside to a Kalashnikov USA version is it would likely have a means to mount optics. I may be mistaken, but most C39's have neither the AK side rail nor a picatinny rail. Many C39's also don't accept other standard AK parts/accessories. Also, I don't really see a need for a milled receiver, probably weighs an additional pound without really providing any quantifiable benefits. But I'd bet it's a decent gun all in all, just wouldn't be my choice.
http://www.guns.com/2015/08/10/kalashnikov-usa-prices-out-first-wave-of-american-aks/

upload_2015-8-17_21-2-28.png
upload_2015-8-17_21-3-33.png
upload_2015-8-17_21-4-45.png

i wouldnt buy a C39 with better options for the price...if your gonna buy a new made AK buy DDI. they make much better guns and will take care of customers. i would wait on kalash usa till there are some reviews although they are just converted Saigas from the looks of them. except for the one they claim is all american made..id be really leery of those till there are some solid tests.

Wasr can be hit or miss but for the price hard to beat.

Stay away from I.O. period.

the converted saiga from kalash concern is a decent deal for a real russian AK. many others over at atlantic to check out.

i personally love my converted saiga and my SGL 21. best aks ever owned along with the bulgarian milled and stamped guns.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Destructive-Devices-Industries/726960474036519?fref=ts

Do NOT buy into the Kalishnakov AKs that are coming out!!

For the price they are not even close to other rifles on the market that cost less.

Arsenal is the way to go. The hype of the Kalishnakov name is going to fool some folks, but from what Ive seen they arent anywhere near the quality of other AKs, even their projected models are a bum deal for the price.

And, has anyone seen the garbage they (Kalishnakov) are trying to churn out in Rifleman magazine?
They are selling (literally) converted Saigas with a bunch of plastic crap bolted on for something like $695!?... Seriously?!
No threaded barrel and even trigger pin plugs.. Not to mention possible stepped chambers.

Hard pass my friends. As an AK guy, I cannot endorse their products yet (from what Ive seen). :s0123: