Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Century built FAL

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by cade, Dec 30, 2011.

1. cade

cade Hillsboro, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Does anyone have any input on the Century FAL GI? Any one out there that has owned one of these your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

The only common theme I hear about century built guns is something to the effect of "slapped together by drunken monkeys"
    For FALs DSA seems to be a good maker

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

All Century stuff is hit or miss. I have had decent luck with the CAI guns I have owned and would not hesitate to buy one again IF the price was right AND I got to handle it first.

I had a CAI L1A1 (inch pattern) rifle many years ago. I paid $275 for it and it was a great gun. I sold it because I was not using it and had been buying up M1A's.

DSA makes an amazing FAL but coming in at about $2000 is a chunk of change. If you can find a CAI FAL for $500-600 and can examine it then it might be worth it.

4. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

I had a Century HK91 clone that never missed a beat. Was accurate, well made - it was just a bit heavy. I miss that gun. I won't sell my AR, but I really miss that HK clone.

5. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

If it's built with an Imbel upper reciever (look for the gear logo), then it's probably worth considering. No Imbel stamp, and there's no way in hell I'd put down money on it from a store without having working experience of the gun (i.e. purchase from a friend).

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.