Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Century Arms Golani/Galil Feedback

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Dirty Needle, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Dirty Needle

Dirty Needle Silverton, Oregon Member

i just bought a Century Arms Golani/Galil in .223. Went out and put 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. Aside from the miserable sights on the thing I was pretty happy with it. Any suggestions or info about scopes, eotech, aimpoint, mounts, etc.. which can help me in getting this thing dialed in a little more? Thanks in advance.

2. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Have one,, love it, very dependable unit. As far as mounts, there are side mount attatchments that can be purchaced. There are rail attatchments also, One to look at is> Leapers UTG Galil Scope Mount MNT-HGGL01< the weight before the scope is added was just over a pound.

3. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had one. It was ok, but too heavy for what it is and the workmanship on the milled receiver seemed pretty rough. Not that rough workmanship had much if any effect on performance, I just didn't like it.

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Check out the Ultimak gas tube rail mount.

golani-rail-1.jpg

5. bokchoy

bokchoy MS Gulf Coast New Member

I have been looking everywhere for a railed gas tube like that. Ultimak says they are not making them and the work necessary to modify an AK gas tube would be nearly impossible without a machine shop. Can you tell me anything more about yours?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012