JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are planning a bachelor party camping trip with 4-5 guys in late April or early May. I know most forest service roads are closed and the snow is still fairly low so our normal area above Cle Elum will not work out.

Does anyone know of a good place in central WA, wilderness area or national forest, that would be open/reachable? Mainly just want to be able to be loud and have a good time. Camp fires, hiking, shooting, etc...

We don't mind hiking in a little ways but we have to bring all our gear in and out so somewhat accessible would be cool.

If you don't want the whole world to know feel free to PM me :)

Thanks!
Joe

I pull up the BLM website on a regular basis to look at BLM lands around the state and to see where I can shoot outdoors. You can look at the various parks/areas from this BLM link here. You just need to make sure you follow shooting rules on BLM land ( <broken link removed> ). Specifically, clean up your mess, don't shoot over roads, don't shoot within a state park, don't shoot from a vehicle, etc. The BLM will also occasionally close certain areas of land to shooting, so be aware of that. Sometimes they will post the info on their website under specific park information.

I contacted BLM through email to double check shooting rules on BLM land a month ago, and they confirmed with me that you can shoot on BLM land as long as you follow the rules (Never hurts to ask or double check). Since I'm by the Oly area the closest BLM land is actually the Yakima Valley, and I'm hoping to check a couple of potential sites out in the next month or so.

Awesome! Thanks Z! I have family in Selah so I have done a lot of fly fishing on the Yakima and surrounding rivers so I knwo the areas a little. Great suggestion and I really appreciate you tossing the links in there and everything. Let me know how it is when you roll over there. Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top