JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use an Iphone. After only using iphones trying another operating system is downright impossible.
The iphone is so easy to use.

I got a free tablet when I upgraded a couple years ago.
It's an LG tablet and I hated it from the beginning. Was so difficult to operate, couldn't transfer music from iphone, it'a sat in a drawer for about 1 year and 11 months.

Android.

Right now, Samsung SIII for $50

I never buy the latest and greatest. I use my phone maybe 30 minutes a day and that just to check my email. Maybe once a month I make or receive a phone call for about 10 to 30 minutes.

I use a provider that gives me unlimited voice/text and 500MB of data per month (before dropping to a slower rate, never any overage fees) for $19. Before that I paid about $12 per month prepaid. Neither one was a contract.

Apple isn't invasive?

They completely control all apps and content on their app store, and what you can install on the iPhone. That is why I went with Android.

You don't have to use google for a search engine, you can use something else.

I am typing this on a MacBook Air, so I am not against Apple on computers, but I want to have control over my phone, and Apple doesn't control what I can install on my Macs

Apple isn't invasive?

They completely control all apps and content on their app store, and what you can install on the iPhone. That is why I went with Android.

they vet every app for security flaws, intrusions and things that are not kosher to their iOS.

And I use iOS based on operating system security, considering the android App Store has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Solid operating system, solid hardware and flawless integration with other systems at my house (AirPort Extreme and airport express)

they vet every app for security flaws, intrusions and things that are not kosher to their iOS.

And I use iOS based on operating system security, considering the android App Store has more holes than Swiss cheese.

Solid operating system, solid hardware and flawless integration with other systems at my house (AirPort Extreme and airport express)

They also reject any apps that compete with their apps, or any area they think they want to get into, or that does something different than how they think it should be done, or have any content they find "objectionable".

I had a droid one up until about 3 months ago ( 6 years total ) and for some dumb reason i wanted to try a new iphone 6S. the 6s is nice and powerful, but i sure miss the droid for its ability to do anything i wanted ( rooted and jail broken), and i could go a week without a recharge, versus an iphone that i have to charge every day. …edit… do any of you guys use a rooted and jailbroken iphone and how does that work our for ya.. i noticed iphone only lets me use apps on there app store and not ones i want to use that are not on there list.

Last Edited:
5S with 64GB storage. I take/exchange lots of photos and vids with friends and family every day. Image quality is acceptable.

While I'm more impressed with cameras and displays on newer non-iPhones, one thing that still appeals to me about the old 5 series is its compact size. If I want to see a picture bigger, I send it to my home or work computer.

Sort of a compromise, I know, but anything is easier than all the bulky cameras and lenses I had dangling around my neck during the foreign travel decades.

Last Edited:
^ ^ WOW @AndyinEverson , I though we were odd in that we don't use a cell phone like the rest of the world. You know, every spare minute that you're not face to face talking to someone your eyes are glued to a screen with thumbs thumbing. Or earbuds in listening. I don't understand how people can do internet on a phone.

We have/carry a cell phone, Android Aris, only for long distance and emergency. Wifey wanted a "Smart" phone when our antique flip/picture phone battery went South. We find we're not smart enough to use it to it's potential though. We went with a no contract provider called Page Plus. Each month we pick our plan, generally 250 min. and a paltry 10mgb data, (which we don't do), for $12.00. We upgrade to a $30.00 plan for a month when we go on vacation. I think it's a PIA to internet on a phone. Wifey also carries a Motorola Zoom tablet to internet with when we travel.

Mikej,
Those are some of the reasons I don't have a cell phone.
i have seen too many folks involved with their or tablet etc ... and totally ignoring the world around them.
Plus I have enough frustrations in my life already , why add another?
Things like no service or having a phone thats too smart for me , or the item not working for whatever reason etc...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there without one.
Andy

Good point(s) above about much of society becoming robotic faceslaves. And while I largely agree, it comes down to a matter of balance for me.

My soldier son is deployed on foreign soil again (happily not Afghanistan this time). This time he's actually near wifi almost daily, so we're able to text, swap pics and even facetime. I find it super handy to have that in my pocket whenever he's randomly available. His wife and infant son in the US dig it too.

Yep they do indeed have uses and I can see why someone would want one.
Just for me and my lifestyle they wouldn't be useful.
If I could find one that just was a phone and nothing else , then I might be tempted.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top