JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry I can't recommend a good one but I had same experience with cheap adapters. Those cheap ones aren't worth the trouble.

I know tedsholdover on YouTube has a premo scope cam setup and on some of his video he describes the adapter. Unfortunately I don't have a link to the specific video though. Perhaps he listed it in one of the videos or if you ask him on YouTube comments he could tell you.

Btw, another cool thing you can do with these adapters is any old canon brand pocket camera take it apart and remove the IR sensor which is a little glass plate that sits between the sensor and the lens. Then get a $20-$28ish IR zoomable flashlight on amazon (note, it MUST be zoomable). Then mount both on your rifle and you have night vision even with zero ambient light. It works to 100yards max, I've done it. U can get one of those cameras for around $15 on eBay. Not going to match anywhere close to quality of $5k night scope of course but it works. Cheap adapter is what let me down on mine and haven't messed with it for a few years due to that. Have not messed with lowest end night vision stuff though so perhaps that is better with less fiddling around I dunno. Not worth messing with if looking for serious or even mid range gear of course.

I did not find an thread here so what adapter works well on rifle/spotting scopes to take pics? My Samsung has multiple lenses and the cheap adapter I bought just does not work.
Thanks
Just re-read ur post. I was thinking u were looking for rifle scope only but if u want to take long range photos/movies a long zoom camera is going to be 3-5 times better than trying to do cell phone through a scope even with a good adapter. Been there done that. U will be disappointed I think.

Check out post #426 on this page to see example pics of long range cheap camera. This is with canon sx730. I still have 2 of these NIB that I bought 2 years ago on group buy. if u want one I can sell cheap or trade for ammo or something. Wildlife Pics

Last Edited:
Not for scopes but I bought this;*
for another. (i have no cell ph) it takes excellent quality pictures considering.
It even has a rubber eye cup to use as a monocular.
The down sides can be beyond those in the fast lane as first, you must use a tripod, second, it requires all the patients of a monk to set it up. But once that is done we weren't disappointed. comes in a nice kit with a OK tripod.
I'll stay with my cameras I don't think I have the patients but my daughter likes it.

1596422590562.png

Thanks Folks ... some neat stuff here!
I just stumbled across this contraption from a fellow shooter. Probably only work on binocs or spotting scope. Will report back.

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.09.01 AM.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads