JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ironically there will be few lessons learned from our current political situation. Many people will still clearly see issues gone wrong, mandates, US captives, inflation, shipping, ect then say, well so and so is mean or racist (regardless of race).

Voting for a celebrity is fine given they have a record of successfully attaining something useful. Red carpet appearances and sad puppy commercials aren't enough. The PNW still don't have any conservative or non liberal candidates I am aware of. I haven't even heard of any 3rd party alternatives.
Until some have any shot at winning none are going to try. Takes a LOT of money and time. When others see "good" people run, only to have at least half of the people they are trying to win over bad mouth them, call them names, say they will write in someone rather than vote for them? Why would anyone else try? As long as voters who claim they want freedom have a great time shooting themselves in foot every couple years, few good people are going to try to run.

Here's her sponsored legislation:

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (Make the NICS system accurate)
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows. (Make NICS checks consistent)
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act (Includes serious juvenile crimes and drug trafficking in prohibited persons category)
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons. (Specifies that *IF* assault weapons are required to be turned in for any reason the owner can claim a $2000 tax credit)

So yes, she's sponsored some gun legislation. None of it is anything but housekeeping, and some of it positive. I have never heard of her favoring an "assault weapons" ban, despite what this website says.
We will NEVER get someone who is going to run one doing away with NFA, so we can just buy the stuff and such. What we can try to get is a little better and a little better next time. This is how we got in this mess. Little by little. If we "had to have" someone from the D party for POTUS I would fall all over having her over the current idiot in there. Sadly way too many gun owners want all or nothing. So they get the worst possible person year after year. Then get mad and tell anyone who will listen that voting is a waste of time. So they get what they asked for and whine. :s0054:

We will NEVER get someone who is going to run one doing away with NFA, so we can just buy the stuff and such. What we can try to get is a little better and a little better next time. This is how we got in this mess. Little by little. If we "had to have" someone from the D party for POTUS I would fall all over having her over the current idiot in there. Sadly way too many gun owners want all or nothing. So they get the worst possible person year after year. Then get mad and tell anyone who will listen that voting is a waste of time. So they get what they asked for and whine. :s0054:
Some day we will, maybe not even in my lifetime. Public opinion seems to switch with the tides.

Don't be fooled, Coconut Milk Momma is still a Democrat who wants to take your guns away too.

Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns.

And the Democrats call the NRA a "Domestic Terrorist Organization". They know how to make a play on words.

Last Edited:
I find alot of her positions very level head and well thought out. I am curious her views on the second amendment. I know plenty of fellow vets that dont respect it.
She's been against standard capacity magazines and AR-platform rifles. That's why I find her participation in these events ironic.

That said, I think she's got the most chance of rational thought and changing her mind.

She's been against standard capacity magazines and AR-platform rifles. That's why I find her participation in these events ironic.
It's unfortunate that our potential (and some current) leaders can't remember as far back as the 1990s, where the term "Going Postal" with 9mm became popular. Then as now, more people being shot and killed with the hand gun than the hated black rifle.

Another unfortunate truth is the high number of military personnel, including combat vets and SOF don't like the idea of civilians with special training and firearms. I've heard many say, they don't need it. It's not necessary and hold them in wanna be status.

Not the only example but a Green Beret younger man was leaving my company because he wasn't getting on well. He didn't know what his next step was. I suggested private firearms training. His reply was normies don't need it. He's not alone in that opinion.

It's unfortunate that our potential (and some current) leaders can't remember as far back as the 1990s, where the term "Going Postal" with 9mm became popular. Then as now, more people being shot and killed with the hand gun than the hated black rifle.

Another unfortunate truth is the high number of military personnel, including combat vets and SOF don't like the idea of civilians with special training and firearms. I've heard many say, they don't need it. It's not necessary and hold them in wanna be status.

Not the only example but a Green Beret younger man was leaving my company because he wasn't getting on well. He didn't know what his next step was. I suggested private firearms training. His reply was normies don't need it. He's not alone in that opinion.
I've heard similar (edit: McChrystal said it - had the same position that "normal citizens" shouldn't have AR-platform rifles.)

It's unfortunate. And damaging.

Last Edited:
Shes not much worse then lots of stealth repubs that get elected
Guess What,... They're all rotten. There wouldn't be such a thing as political parties if the people elected to office did what they are supposed to do and honored our constitution. There would be no arguments. I could go on and on but the fact is there just plain wouldn't be any political problems if our government was working the way it is supposed to be.

Hard disagree my man and I hope you live to see it (re: the NFA). The millennial generation fractured into 2 main cohorts, one of which is heavily traditional/conservative in most values (think social liberal/libertarian, fiscal conservative, anti-neocon/warhawk) and the next gen (gen Z) is swinging more conservative. The pendulum is going back!

The Hearing Protection Act was floated in 2017/18 and again this year 2021/22. It hasn't made it out of committee (yet) but the writing is on the wall. The ATF has a stated goal of processing electronic Form 4's within 90 days. Consumer demand is going up and up. Suppressors/Silencers/Moderators/Cans are going to be the first brick taken out of the wall. From there, it will fall, eventually.

I would disagree with her on 90% of the legislation cited in her article. The fact remains that she is the best of the Democrats. I will be voting for a Republican who opposes all of the "needed" legislation cited.
Her history is far more conservative than one may assume and there are 3 big pieces of legislation that she's tossed out that are very anti-establishment: give war controls back to congress, drop charges against Snowden, drop charges against Assange.

The fact that she publicly criticized the DNC over their propping up of Clinton, resigned her post as Vice Chair of the DNC in protest, and essentially gave up any future with politics tells me that yea, maybe we do want this one in politics.

I still think a Crenshaw/Gabbard ticket would pole nicely across the country. I also think there's enough anti-establishmentarianism in both of them for them to wind up with a magic bullet wound.
If the "celebrities" aren't Mike Roe and Gary Sinese, then they aren't worth spit.
Agree with you. Also - a shooting event/fundraiser post 2020 that doesn't include Keanu Reeves is just doing it wrong.

Hard disagree my man and I hope you live to see it (re: the NFA). The millennial generation fractured into 2 main cohorts, one of which is heavily traditional/conservative in most values (think social liberal/libertarian, fiscal conservative, anti-neocon/warhawk) and the next gen (gen Z) is swinging more conservative. The pendulum is going back!
Hey if I live to see the day I can just buy a Suppressor across the counter? Color me a happy camper. After watching the guy south of me put a LOT of time and money into trying to give us a vote on a 10/22 no longer being an assault rifle and no gun owners could be bothered to sign? I no longer hold out much hope. :(

Yep, just because some people on the forum wouldn't mind jumping into bed with her doesn't make her positions on some important matters about guns less un-American.

I call this "the pretty pass" which is when people who are "good looking" aren't held to the same standard as less attractive people.
To me she looks rode hard and put up wet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top