JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Even though its more publicity I cant remember the last time seeing a prior congress member getting in full kit on the range (yes, I know shes a vet but still pretty cool)

I find alot of her positions very level head and well thought out. I am curious her views on the second amendment. I know plenty of fellow vets that dont respect it.
Not the greatest, but I'd be willing to whip her into shape if she gave me the shot...
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/129306/tulsi-gabbard/37/guns
https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Tulsi_Gabbard_Gun_Control.htm
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/tulsi-gabbard-totalitarian-demands-guns/389654

Tulsi Gabbard's campaign website says, "The time for action is now. We cannot allow partisan politics to get in the way of taking meaningful action in areas where both parties agree and that have the support of most Americans across this country. Here are a few examples: Both Democrats and Republicans support legislation I have co-sponsored to ban bump stocks. Both Democrats and Republicans support legislation to uphold Second Amendment rights and strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Now is the time for us to come together and to take meaningful action towards responsible, common sense gun safety reform."
https://ballotpedia.org/2020_presidential_candidates_on_gun_regulation

From everything I hear her say, she is not for Joe Citizen having access to what she has in the pictures. She may not be as bat s*** crazy as a lot of liberals but her views on compromise is different than mine.

Don't be fooled, Coconut Milk Momma is still a Democrat who wants to take your guns away too.

Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns.

From everything I hear her say, she is not for Joe Citizen having access to what she has in the pictures. She may not be as bat s*** crazy as a lot of liberals but her views on compromise is different than mine.
It's like comparing a huge pile of crap to a smaller pile of crap and thinking, "that's not so bad."

She favors an assault weapons ban along with mag ban. While less repulsive looking then most Democrat women and slightly better positions on some issues she is still a gun grabber.

She favors an assault weapons ban along with mag ban. While less repulsive looking then most Democrat women and slightly better positions on some issues she is still a gun grabber.
Yep, just because some people on the forum wouldn't mind jumping into bed with her doesn't make her positions on some important matters about guns less un-American.

I call this "the pretty pass" which is when people who are "good looking" aren't held to the same standard as less attractive people.

Yep, just because some people on the forum wouldn't mind jumping into bed with her doesn't make her positions on some important matters about guns less un-American.

I call this "the pretty pass" which is when people who are "good looking" aren't held to the same standard as less attractive people.
I believe it's more commonly referred to as "Thinking with the wrong head."

Well…. That explains why I always get away with bloody murder! :s0108:

Yeah. No compromise. They (dems and ploiticians in general)) need to work with us (pro 2a contitution). About time they are the frog and we get out of the cauldron. Time to bring it back to fundamentals.

It's like comparing a huge pile of crap to a smaller pile of crap and thinking, "that's not so bad."
Sadly at almost every election the only choice we have is two piles of crap and one is smaller. Too many sit out so the larger pile keeps winning and grows :mad:
ALL or at least 99.9% of the piles of crap will change how they work if they think it will let them keep the job. So the only way to turn things is the same way we got here. Little by little try to go the other way. Often elections here are a choice between 2 people with the same party this girl is from. So I pick the smallest "pile of crap" and cast my vote. Hoping that in a couple years we can do a little better. Many forget that Bill Ruger Sr was NOT very pro gun for the general public. Then when he let the mask slip too much one day and really pissed off a lot of shooters he had to try to walk it back. He still was NOT pro gun but, he also knew which side his bread was buttered on. Law makers are just the same no matter the letter after their name. Given the moron POTUS we have now? I would have FAR rather had this girl there. Not to mention she would be a lot easier on the eye's when she went on TV to try to BS me :D

Ironically there will be few lessons learned from our current political situation. Many people will still clearly see issues gone wrong, mandates, US captives, inflation, shipping, ect then say, well so and so is mean or racist (regardless of race).

Voting for a celebrity is fine given they have a record of successfully attaining something useful. Red carpet appearances and sad puppy commercials aren't enough. The PNW still don't have any conservative or non liberal candidates I am aware of. I haven't even heard of any 3rd party alternatives.

Don't be fooled, Coconut Milk Momma is still a Democrat who wants to take your guns away too.

Tulsi has a consistent record of advocating for sensible gun control. She has long called for reinstating a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and high capacity clips, requiring comprehensive pre-purchase background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, and making sure that terrorists are not allowed to buy guns.

Here's her sponsored legislation:

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (Make the NICS system accurate)
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows. (Make NICS checks consistent)
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act (Includes serious juvenile crimes and drug trafficking in prohibited persons category)
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons. (Specifies that *IF* assault weapons are required to be turned in for any reason the owner can claim a $2000 tax credit)

So yes, she's sponsored some gun legislation. None of it is anything but housekeeping, and some of it positive. I have never heard of her favoring an "assault weapons" ban, despite what this website says.

Here's her sponsored legislation:

Tulsi Gabbard on gun control measures:
H.R. 1565 & H.R. 1217: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (Make the NICS system accurate)
H.R. 2380: Gun Show Loophole Closing Act: To require criminal background checks at gun shows. (Make NICS checks consistent)
H.R. 226: Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act (Includes serious juvenile crimes and drug trafficking in prohibited persons category)
H.R. 1745: Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction: a tax credit for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons. (Specifies that *IF* assault weapons are required to be turned in for any reason the owner can claim a $2000 tax credit)

So yes, she's sponsored some gun legislation. None of it is anything but housekeeping, and some of it positive. I have never heard of her favoring an "assault weapons" ban, despite what this website says.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top