JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Currently I do not have an answer to that question.

If no good news comes from the courts in the next few days starting Thursday we would have no way to release transfers so it wouldn't make sense to accept them.

Even if we do get some good news we could not start accpeting new transfers until other local FFLs did as well or we would be receiving way too many to keep up with. Over the last few weeks we have had days where the shop was so busy and we received so many shipments that often we would be calling out both transfers and shop orders well after we had already closed for the day. I know more than a few customers would show up after receiving a delivery notification only to have to come back later or the next day since their firearm was sitting a long queue of boxes waiting to be processed, I feel bad for them but when we're seeing this high of a volume of sales/transfers we can only knock everything out so quickly.

We will definitely start accepting transfers again at some point - but not until the state has a way for us to release them and we can guarantee that we can process them in a timely and effective manner. We also may have to look at restructuring some of our fees and policies, but only time will tell.
What about silencers sales through your SilenserShop kiosk?

Currently I do not have an answer to that question.

If no good news comes from the courts in the next few days starting Thursday we would have no way to release transfers so it wouldn't make sense to accept them.

Even if we do get some good news we could not start accpeting new transfers until other local FFLs did as well or we would be receiving way too many to keep up with. Over the last few weeks we have had days where the shop was so busy and we received so many shipments that often we would be calling out both transfers and shop orders well after we had already closed for the day. I know more than a few customers would show up after receiving a delivery notification only to have to come back later or the next day since their firearm was sitting a long queue of boxes waiting to be processed, I feel bad for them but when we're seeing this high of a volume of sales/transfers we can only knock everything out so quickly.

We will definitely start accepting transfers again at some point - but not until the state has a way for us to release them and we can guarantee that we can process them in a timely and effective manner. We also may have to look at restructuring some of our fees and policies, but only time will tell.
Once you do start doing transfers and sales again how will you be contacting the state, within 48hrs, to notify them that your customers have picked up their firearm(s).

(c) The dealer may not transfer the firearm unless the dealer receives a unique approval number from the
department and, within 48 hours of completing the transfer, the dealer shall notify the state that the transfer to the permit holder was completed.

Do you offer a layaway policy on firearm purchaes? If so what are your terms?
Currently we do not offer layaway.
What about silencers sales through your SilenserShop kiosk?
That is business as usual, to our knowledge suppressor pickups should not be affected by 114 but I believe SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, etc. may require the permit to be picked up.
Once you do start doing transfers and sales again how will you be contacting the state, within 48hrs, to notify them that your customers have picked up their firearm(s).

(c) The dealer may not transfer the firearm unless the dealer receives a unique approval number from the
department and, within 48 hours of completing the transfer, the dealer shall notify the state that the transfer to the permit holder was completed.
Good question - currently we have received no instruction on how to do notify the state I would guess once the permitting system is actually created FFLs will receive instruction from OSP down the line.
For now we are as in the dark about this as everyone else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top