Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ceasefire Oregon

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PiratePast40, Mar 22, 2013.

1. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

If there are any of you who haven't signed up for the Ceasefire Oregon alerts, it's probably a good time to do so. If you don't sign up, you won't know about the parties they're throwing for us! Welcome to Ceasefire Oregon

2. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

keep your friends close and your enemies closer!!!!!!!

ocarolan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

So, if you do sign up, is that going to mean they can count you as a supporter? You know, something like, "Cease Fire Oregon, 2,500,000 Strong"?

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

This is the same Progressive outfit that feels good when millions of babies are killed but wants to empower Criminals over Citizens because it's for the children?

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see the turnout they get to show up for a Thursday rally at the capitol on April 4 considering how many people showed up for Saturday rallies in Portland and Eugene.

They might end up looking like a small tour group with signs and Ginny Burdick as the guide.

6. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

For media coverage, it's actually better to have multiple small rallies all over the state, than one big one. That way all the local stations cover it. Some news stations will cover each rally, if they're spaced out enough.

Remember, the real audience never actually sees the rally, in person... to them, the turnout does not matter.

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Wait, Ginny might be there? So if we publicize that a bunch of 2nd amendment people will show up to their rally to show the other view point, she will just cancel it due to 'schedule conflicts' right?

8. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I wasn't planning on advertising my opinions until there was actually a Q&A or comment period. Planning on behaving myself and being calm and logical.The hardest part may be supressing disbelief and disgust with their ideas. It may be a good experience to hear some of their real reasons for control and power over people with which they disagree.

9. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Hey, you can always just show up open-carrying a pistol and claim that you're there to protect them in case any of those crazy "assault weapon" people show up. "What's the problem? I thought you guys were OK with handguns? Isn't this all about assault weapons?"

10. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

Actually, according to her HB 3200 a pistol with a detachable magazine is an "assualt weapon"

11. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

oh yeah, that's right. you can bring a revolver then.

12. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Be careful. Counter-protestors can actually reinforce the event they oppose. It can come across as reactionary, legitimizing the original message.

Think... a normal Ceasefire rally is a handful of sad, aimless people carrying signs. A Ceasefire rally vs pro-2A rally suddenly becomes an event to watch and report on.

Personally I think you're better off surprising Burdick at a town hall or non-related event, calling attention to her anti-rights record.

GOG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I'm sure they cruise this site and others and know what our plans are too!

14. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

receive all of their antigun compaign literature. Good idea you had.

15. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I went to the site but couldn't bring myself to sign up. First off, the place made me a little nauseous and I also didn't want to add to their numbers. I already have enough agitation in my life without volunteering for more.

16. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Leave the AR's at home. Bring signs that say, take down the 2nd Amendment today, and the 1st Amendment tomorrow, support government takeover of the peoples rights. That should set them off.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.