Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ceasefire Oregon gun turn in

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rugerdude, Apr 9, 2011.

1. rugerdude

rugerdude Oregon New Member

I have only introduced myself to this board so I guess this is my official 1st post. I went today to turn in my Jennings j -22, We all know how much of a piece of crap those things are. There were 3 people other then me turning in guns. One guy had 2 jennings, One guy had 2 rifles and 1 revolver, And I couldn't believe it one guy had 2 ruger 10/22s. There was also one guy holding a sign saying he would buy guns for 60 dollars cash. The cops told him he had to leave The property.Anyway I was happy with the gift card they gave me for 50 bucks, now i can go to Freddys and buy some ammo, Thank You Ceasefire Oregon. I hope this made since.
    Later my fellow gunners,
    Phil

2. Pauly

Pauly N. Portland Active Member

It was awesome & the mayor didn't really seem to appreciate our presence.
    You would think they would be more supportive, being as we have the same intentions as them.... Removing unwanted guns from the hands of those who don't want them around.
    It's all political & the proof is that they didn't really want us there.
    If they were true to their cause, they would appreciate us outbidding them because then they could afford to give more gift certificates & remove more unwanted firearms.
    The fact of the matter is, they just want face time on TV & to seem like heroes by making a statement.

Those of us who were taking advantage of the "Ghetto-Gunshow" had a blast though. :thumbup:
    The police were great too.
    I guess it would take a bit of testicular fortitude for a criminal to stand in front of 10 cops with a sign buying guns on Broadway. :D

Anyone else from this board there?

I got a Remington side by side & a .22 revolver.

Great prices, great people & a lot of fun.
    I left early & gave up my sign because I was happy with my 2 purchases.

I thanked the fat guy who was trying to block our purchases for throwing the sale. I think he got mad. :bluelaugh:

Here's to making Lemonaid out of ther anti-gunner's lemons.

By the way, the guy you speak of who was asked to leave the lot & I got into bidding wars a couple times, but he made a killing & got quite a few new firearms.

I'm happy with my purchases & now have a plinker & a project. I don't know whether I'll make it a coach-gun, or just restore it for hunting, but that was a LOT OF FUN!!!!:yes:

GhettoGunshow0021024x768-1.jpg
    GhettoGunshow003.jpg

3. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

:thumbup: A hearty WELL DONE!!! So far this madness hasn't made it to my side of the hill, but if it does I plan to copy your MO. There is still a little room n the safe.

4. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

good for you for having the stones go up there with your signs. I'm truly jealous of that SxS shottie.

5. Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen WINNING New Member

WINNING!

GhettoGunshow0021024x768-1.jpg

6. RRC Firearms

RRC Firearms Gaston, OR Family owned and operated...

Thats awesome. Glad to hear that the police didn't hassle you either.

7. Pauly

I just saw the news report on KGW channel 8.

Funny stuff. :rolleyes:

They called us all protesters. :bluelaugh:
    No smart-guys... We were "gun buyers"

Of course, they zero'd in on my sign & didn't show me being as the news doesn't want to show people that look like your average businessman dressed as respectably as the mayor as being in favor of firearm ownership.
    They showed the stereotypical mustached men in jeans & work boots that the media has successfully labeled as evil gunowners instead.

I'm sure if a homeless man with no teeth walked by & encouraged us, he would have been interviewed & been called the "protest organizer" in the news story being as the portland news is about as left leaning as they come & never feel shame about directly lying to their viewers or twisting stories to subtly convey a misleading message.

I really do think I'll get an SBS stamp & cut the SxS down to a 5" barrel then send a picture of me holding it while smiling ear to ear to Sam Adams & thank him for making this little "death machine" possible. ;)

The Police seemed to get a kick out of it.
    I'm sure some of them were jealous & wish they could get the deals too.
    In my experience, police tend to like guns too.

When I called the Portland Police Bureau & Multnomah County Sheriff's office yesterday, I got a lot of chuckles when I said what I planned on doing.

8. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

any idea how many were actually turned in???

9. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Pauly.. make a "Road Warrior" shotgun out of it! If you were near me I would help you make new wood for it, I have some nice exotics as well as some nice English Walnut laying about.. if the wood is just slightly dinged, no cracks or rot, and solid looking under the metal, you might consider steaming the dings out and sanding it down a bit for a final nice oil finish, too

propmaxshotgun1.jpg

Be certain it's not a Damascus barrel if you plan on shooting it.. you said it had patterns, I do not know if Remington ever made such, but if it looks anything like this, just keep it as a wall hanger as Damascus is not safe to shoot with today's ammo. and maybe not at all

10. Pauly

I think they said 240 something

Yep, that's the idea
    yep, that's it, looks like it was made in the late 1800s

So, reload using black powder & paper wadding?

11. Wheeler44

Wheeler44 SW Washington Member

Some folks will tell ya that black powder and paper will be okay......Understand that damascus steel is formed of a bazillion small welds....How well do you trust those welds after a hundred and twenty or so years....You may consider refinishing this piece for a wall hanger or having steel inserts installed that would essentially rechamber the piece to 20 ga.

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I would get on a Remington forum, antique shotgun forum or black powder forum and ask experts.. and have a good smith who knows about this issue check it out first. IF it's safe to shoot it will have to be with mild BP type loads but Pyrodex could possibly be substituted. It may have some collector's value but I do not know about that

I've read some posts in the past saying it's just not worth the risk to shoot one.. regardless as is it's a very cool wall hanger for your den, study or pool hall room. get a Remington tin sign to put near it

1002.jpg

13. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

KGW didn't show me either... jerks.

14. Pauly

There's NO WAY they would have ever shown you.
    I look more conservitive than you do, but was dressed like a professional, so they would never show gun owners in that light.
    You on the other hand, dress more like the younger hipster crowd, so showing the hipster crowd that it's okay to be pro-gun & not drink their Kool-Aid would be truly slitting their own agenda's throat in their eyes.

They definitely can't show that well dressed 20-somethings are pro-gun....
    It would tear into the core of their base if people saw a 20-something like them wasn't drinking the Kool-aid & decided to do the same.

The only way they will portray a gun owner in the news is with a cammo ball cap & mustache, or as a Westboro baptist type. They have to keep it that way to keep the voting blocks undivided on their anti-gun issues.

15. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is awesome man! I've always wanted to do this then have a drawing for NWFA members for whatever we were able to purchase. Maybe next time I can put something together. No legal issues or problems with the police, huh?

16. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I would NOT attempt to fire the SXS! It appears to be one of the late 1800's early 1900's European made shotguns that were sold in the US under several names. I have one stamped 'T. Parker' and have seen several others with a variety of names. Some of them will have 'Fine Twist' stamped on the rib between the barrels near the breech. These were cheaply made guns, mostly Damascus, and are not safe to fire - some were not even safe when new. Consider it a relic from the past, clean it up and hang it over the fireplace.