JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We talked about this last year, as I recall, there is an exception because the firearms are being transferred to law enforcement. I have no doubt whatever allowance they need to do this has been granted by Gov. Kate and Pretty Boy Prozanski.

dont participate just to dump some broken gun you have to scam them for a couple bucks........

they will use every number to their advantage, better it turns out a failure.....like everything else they do

It might be a good idea for a couple of FFLs go there just in case some morons decide to turn in a couple of nice items, or maybe hand out business cards from local pawn shops to folks in line that were to stupid to know where to sell a gun they don't want...at least let them know if that if it's a good one and they're being ripped off.

intercept some guns and reduce the count for the buy back pogrom*

*POGROM
def.. an officially encouraged persecution of a minority group

Assault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black_zps7e3531f5.jpg

Assault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-Black_zps7e3531f5.jpg

Last Edited:
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids"

We talked about this last year, as I recall, there is an exception because the firearms are being transferred to law enforcement. I have no doubt whatever allowance they need to do this has been granted by Gov. Kate and Pretty Boy Prozanski.

I might be wrong, but wouldn't this fit into the gun show category as long as there is 25 or more firearms being sold.

I had a friend who made a functioning shotgun out of a piece of pipe, a nail, and a spring, then took it to one of these buybacks in Portland to get the prize money. He wrote up an article about it for the local gun newsletter, just for grins.

It also used to be a thing to do, to go to one of these and see if you could buy stuff from the people coming in. Apparently sometimes there are pretty fine firearms coming in and you can get 'em for a song. I went down once to try that myself but was put off by all the cops standing around so I didn't do it, even though there was nothing illegal about it. Might work better in a place like Newport though, where the cops are less likely to go batbubblegum over nothing.

Of course with 941 this is a lot more difficult!

PASS THE WORD! This is a great opportunity for those in driving distance of Newport. This year we have enough warning to make a concerted effort!

FYI, last January's turn-in event in Newport was held at the Newport PD station, supervised by the local Volkspolizei. The Vopos had the say as to what constitutes a "firearm". Two pieces of plumbing pipe "shotguns" didn't make the cut. It was, as far as I could see, anonymous as advertised.

A bunch (of us!) showed up to "turn in" totally junked guns (rusty single-shots, etc) and busted magazines. We diverted thousands (possibly tens of thousands) of dollars from the anti-gun agenda directly into the pockets of pro-gunners. OLE'!

I hope to do it again. I know gunsmiths and collectors that have been squirreling junk guns and magazines that aren't worth the effort to bury at sea, but are just MADE for turn-in events! Ka-ching! Ka-ching! Ka-ching! :D

There were several FFL dealers there too, making "better offers" to people actually turning in good guns. A bunch of good guns were saved that way.

If the grannygals (and THIS EVENT AND ITS AGENDA ARE DRIVEN ENTIRELY BY OLDER WOMEN) want to fall for the sucker pitch again, I say we take full advantage! :mad:

Also Newport and the Oregon coast in Winter is a nice place for a day-trip if it's not raining sideways. Bayfront Brewery's seasonal ales and a big bowl of Mo's clam chowder are always on my agenda. I always go home smiling.:cool:

C U there.

I had a friend who made a functioning shotgun out of a piece of pipe, a nail, and a spring, then took it to one of these buybacks in Portland to get the prize money. He wrote up an article about it for the local gun newsletter, just for grins.

It also used to be a thing to do, to go to one of these and see if you could buy stuff from the people coming in. Apparently sometimes there are pretty fine firearms coming in and you can get 'em for a song. I went down once to try that myself but was put off by all the cops standing around so I didn't do it, even though there was nothing illegal about it. Might work better in a place like Newport though, where the cops are less likely to go batbubblegum over nothing.

Of course with 941 this is a lot more difficult!

Did he by chance make a YT video about that? I remember seeing someone in Oregon do just that and posted a video after apparently the LEO said it wasn't a 'functioning firearm', and wanted to document proof that it did, in fact, function.

These are always subject to opinion. I get it. I went last year and took home 375 bucks in gift cards that we got Newport guns to accept as cash. I bought a new rifle and ammo that day with Bloomberg money. Those stories circulated too. I traded in useless crap for brand new stuff that will get used. I still have one gift card left from it. I use them when buying guns or ammo from Fred Meyer now. I still think defunding the opponent and turning it in to physical goods to support our cause is better than being bull headed over "numbers". Numbers will be skewed favorably for any cause on both sides always! NRA will report that 10 guns got turned in and Ceasefire will claim a million.... Bla,bla,bla.

So turning in your means of protecting your family for a few bucks seems logical?
Roll your eyes all you want. It still makes no sense.
How the hell do you know what I turned in (which was broken junk) or what I still have ("to protect my family")? I took anti gunner money and bought a brand new rifle for my nieces and ammo from a gun shop we orchestrated to accept the gift cards from the buy back. So I took unusable crap and turned it into a new usable firearms and still had money to spare. Everything I bought from Fred Meyer after that was bought with Bloomburg money. As far as the other ignorant comment, It has nothing to do with needing money or having a job. If a person relied on 3 or 400 dollars a year for income probably ain't real intelligent. I added depth to my arsenal while getting rid of junk and keeping the same dollars out of other anti gun peoples hands. Little more thought than tossing a uneducated opinion up on a forum. Read some, learn a bit...post.;)

Newport.

I know it well (stationed there for a while) - that den of iniquity. Lot's of gun crime, neo nazi gangs and militia running around with full auto belt feds and plastic guns that pass through metal detectors - that kind of thing. :D

I understand why they would want to hold a buy back there instead of much more peaceful places that don't have very many guns and the people are sensible - like Portland. :D

</sarcasm mode off>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top