JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...However, they forgot to add firearms and plenty of ammo to the emergency kit.

Yup. Apparently lugging around a boom box during a zombie emergency makes sense to the CDC. Not sure why; maybe they want civilians to play loud music so the zombies will be drawn to them instead of to the CDC folks who are escaping to their zombie-proof shelters? :s0131:

If zombies did start roaming the streets, CDC would conduct an investigation much like any other disease outbreak. CDC would provide technical assistance to cities, states, or international partners dealing with a zombie infestation. This assistance might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine). It’s likely that an investigation of this scenario would seek to accomplish several goals: determine the cause of the illness, the source of the infection/virus/toxin, learn how it is transmitted and how readily it is spread, how to break the cycle of transmission and thus prevent further cases, and how patients can best be treated. Not only would scientists be working to identify the cause and cure of the zombie outbreak, but CDC and other federal agencies would send medical teams and first responders to help those in affected areas (I will be volunteering the young nameless disease detectives for the field work)

veiled hammer ?

Actually, as a physician, I find the CDC to be one of the few civilian arms of the federal government that does its job well and is worth its funding.

CDC field teams are indeed among the first into an area suspected of having a communicable disease outbreak -- sometimes at risk to themselves. In case of a Zombie attack they would be well served to have some weapons other than hypodermic needles, though :)

Now if we could only get Congress to perform a tenth as well!

Are you prepared for an imminent zombie invasion? That was the query posed by the CDC, and it was entitled "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse". It is common at this time of the year to take into account a potential zombie apocalypse. You have to ask yourself -- am I economically ready, should the deceased begin to rise, walk the earth and feast on the living? Here are some tips and hints for being better ready. And these suggestions aren't just for the zombie apocalypse. Here it is: Are you financially prepared for the zombie apocalypse?. You may laugh now, but when this happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

Actually, as a physician, I find the CDC to be one of the few civilian arms of the federal government that does its job well and is worth its funding.

CDC field teams are indeed among the first into an area suspected of having a communicable disease outbreak -- sometimes at risk to themselves. In case of a Zombie attack they would be well served to have some weapons other than hypodermic needles, though :)

Now if we could only get Congress to perform a tenth as well!

OMG HE"S INFECTED! :)
The whole Zombie thing is laughable on the face of it, but PPL burned "witches" with less reason.
I am more affraid of the real PPL in govt that are using superstition as a form of mob control.
When reason loses out to fear individuals turn from being free citizens to a mindless mob with less reason than a herd of cattle and all the easier to control, applauding as they are swept into the Camps and thier final soultion.

Last Edited:
Well this dead thread has risen so who knows?

I havnt seen anybody point out the obvious though, and that's that this is just the CDC's way of getting people interested in having a few common sense items that will be useful in any emergency.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top