JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hey y'all! I am finding conflicting information on the Google so I thought I'd ask here. I had a DUI in 2013 and I failed diversion and ended up being convicted. I believe the conviction happened in 2015. Everything I can find about the Oregon law says you are barred from getting a CCW if you have a DUI conviction and DUI's cannot be expunged either. But I found an "ask a lawyer" website where somebody had asked the same question and the lawyer responded that even with a DUI conviction you can get a CCW after 4 years. Is this true? I don't want to go through the testing and the application fee just to be denied. Is there hope for me???

Last Edited:
in OR. it's a Felony Misdemeanor If convicted of DUI , I do believe . So it's straight-up a lawyer to give you advise for properly working out details of getting your concealed Carry if you were denied .
It doesn't automatically become a felony unless it's multiple DUI's I believe. It's still just a misdemeanor. I was convicted because I failed diversion. I haven't been denied either. I am trying to figure out if it's worth the shot or not.

It doesn't automatically become a felony unless it's multiple DUI's I believe. It's still just a misdemeanor. I was convicted because I failed diversion. I haven't been denied either. I am trying to figure out if it's worth the shot or not.
No matter what anyone here tells you it will really amount to nothing until you try. The best thing to do is simply try. If denied, then seek legal help from a lawyer to see if they can help. If 5 people here tell you yes, then state says no, well it's still no. Or just skip strait to lawyer now but that will of course cost most likely. So what I would do is apply, see what happens, go from there if they say no.

No matter what anyone here tells you it will really amount to nothing until you try. The best thing to do is simply try. If denied, then seek legal help from a lawyer to see if they can help. If 5 people here tell you yes, then state says no, well it's still no. Or just skip strait to lawyer now but that will of course cost most likely. So what I would do is apply, see what happens, go from there if they say no.
You are absolutely right. Thank you.

-
Then If it only a Misdemeanor, I don't see any reason OR. should refuse anyone for a CC Lic. ? .
OP just needs to Sackup and Do the Application and submit Fee.

Welcome to The Board, by the way... ;)

I looked around in the actual application info and found my answer. Thanks everybody. I looked in so many different places but the application itself clearly states that alcohol is not considered a controlled substance. It therefore will not stop me.
I appreciate all your help. I can't find any information on how to delete a thread so... :cool: bye for now.

I looked around in the actual application info and found my answer. Thanks everybody. I looked in so many different places but the application itself clearly states that alcohol is not considered a controlled substance. It therefore will not stop me.
I appreciate all your help. I can't find any information on how to delete a thread so... :cool: bye for now.
No need to delete, somebody down the road may have the same question and we would hope they can use the search feature and find this thread.

Forms like this archive valuable information at the fingertips and sometimes it just takes somebody like you to ask.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top