JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many good choices available for CC.
I carry,

Summer under shirt -- Taurus 357 Hammerless
Winter under coat -- SIG P220 45acp

I have several to choose from.
Many more accurate even under rapid fire.

Why these two?
They go BANG everytime.

At 75 years old, my dad still carries a wheel gun. He's armed security, so he has to keep current with it....... and he suprises the "youngsters" on a regular basis.

If I still had my Agent or my Cobra... I'd most likely carry one of 'em. I do steal my daughters Smith 642 on occasion..

Keep in mind, todays semi autos may be easier and quicker to reload..but an auto that is similar in size to a snubby is still only gonna hold 6 or 7 rounds..

lately i've been carrying a wheelgun almost all the time... a 4" ruger .357 mag. really doesn't feel any heavier than my cz75, pretty easily concealed this time of year.

starting to think about a smaller .38 for summer...

I don't have any real personal experience on this one, but my thought is: if brandishing a firearm is going to end the conflict (which it usually does), I don't think your adversary's opinions on wheelguns vs semi-autos is going to make the difference.

If brandishing doesn't end the conflict, the only thing left that matters is whether you can place a hit where a bullet of your chosen caliber is going to incapacitate your target. If that means wheelgun, then carry, I say carry that wheelgun!

I work in downtown PDX. There is a BoA on the corner of 5th and Stark. There is almost always the same security guard standing out front, armed with a revolver. The first time I noticed him, I saw the revolver and thought to myself "Really? He could potentially need to face bad guys and he chose a revolver"? Every time I see him I hope he has switched to something with 15 rounds in the mag and the ability to slap a new mag in and chamber a round in 2 seconds vs reloading his six shooter. (or however many rounds it holds) There is a lot of potential for trouble in this location. It's right across the street from a bunch of food carts, and MCHD is also kitty corner from the bank. Lots of drug deals go down in this area. I've worked in this area of DT PDX for almost 10 years and can't count the number of drug bust I have seen. There has also been at least one shooting every year I have worked there. (within two blocks of my building)

If it's me, I'm going with my Glock.

The hardest choice I have to make each and everyday is:"What am I goin' to carry today?"

It all really depends on what I'm wearing,where I'm going and what I plan on doing that day.For the most part I either carry my old Springfield 1911,an XD40 (4") or my Sig 250 (chambered for .357 Sig).Those are for the most part my "main" carry guns,but you'll NEVER catch me without a "BUG";either a S&W 640 .357 or my old S&W 629.
I've been in a situation or two where my auto has jammed,and let me tell ya brother a fraction of a second counts when instead of tryin' to clear yer weapon ya just pull yer revolver as ya drop the auto.
As for .38spl,its a fine caliber for self-defense.Don't matter if yer packin' a lil' .25 or a .50cal,its all about keepin' a cool head and puttin' yer rounds where they do you the most good and the badguy the most harm.
But I'm sure you know that full well,only reason I say it is that I've taught more then a few dopes who never even gave it a single thought.

Hello,

My concealed carry gun for the last 15 years has been a S&W 640 in .357 magnum. If the situation arises, I don't feel it will serve me any less as well as any other option I have available to me.

Heck if the round doesn't get them the muzzle blast will... In my mind, if I need more than 5 rounds for what I invision as a SD situation, something has gone very wrong...

IMHO a small revolver is a true concealed SD weapon, hopefully it's a weapon that is not seen or heard unless the situation calls for it.

Billy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads