JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with mjbskwim, the feds need to stay out of the licencing business, with the one possible exception to make CCW permits accepted just like drivers licences. Any more than that will be very bad.

If the feds take over licencing, we will be in deep bubblegum.

How many times are you going to make me write this
LEAVE THE FEDS OUT OF THE COCEAL CARRY BUSINESS
THEY WILL SCREW IT UP LIKE THEY DO EVERYTHING ELSE
They want to take our guns. Believe if you must that trump doesn't want to. But the government does.
A national reciprocity will just make a better,more accessible list of people of interest.
Work on the states first. Get people to go to their home states to change those laws then it will happen on its own.
Without the Feds screwing us
LEAVE NATIONAL CCP RECIPROCITY ALONE:mad:

It would be nice...... but you are right!

If the government has their fingers in it , it will get screwed up. Take a look all around and tell me what isn't screwed up that the fed's are involved with.

There is the other thread Thant has a link to a he bill that is being introduced on this subject
All they are trying to do is get the states where you CAN ALREADY get a permit to honor all the other states.
They know they won't get the commie states anyway

I don't know why Oregon and Washington don't already have reciprocity, but if that takes federal intervention, then so be it. Such an act would be Constitutional in any case.

Article IV, Section 1: Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

I don't know why Oregon and Washington don't already have reciprocity, but if that takes federal intervention, then so be it. Such an act would be Constitutional in any case.

Article IV, Section 1: Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
They wanted to use it to ram Non-Traditional "Marriage" (full disclosure, I would prefer no State Sponsored Marriage and just "domestic partnerships" for all, leave Holy Matrimony to religious institutions) down the majoriy's throats, so... the sword cuts both ways.

2 reasons that I know of. First, I understand they don't agree with each other about the requirements for licenses issued in their respective states. Second, and perhaps more likely is the loss of fees associated with issuing their own licenses.

I'm an electrician. Years ago, my Oregon license had reciprocity with Washington and vice-versa. Requirements for licensing are a little different between states, like the CHL/CPL, but not huge. I think it was about 20 years ago, they nixed reciprocity for the same reason - loss of revenue. They want those license fees. It's government, not a big surprise.

I think it's less surprising to me when neighboring states refuse to have reciprocity, since revenue can be affected. But travelers from states on the other side of the country aren't really a threat to your revenue stream - so it would make more sense, from a financial point of view (licensing requirements aside) to be reciprocal with say Virginia when you're likely to have very few Virginians in the state at any one time.

What is so bad about taking classes? We don't want drunkards going around driving in boats and blowing themselves up in boats. Have you ever seen a boat explode? Its real not just a James Bond movie. Boats explode instantly when they crash.

And what do you mean by bonding? What is so bad about saying hello to an instructor?
The kinds of restrictions are trivial. If you need a fully-automatic uzi as a concealed protection device you need better choice in friends.

Driving a boat nor car are Constitutional Rights...See the problem?
You want to take a class, go ahead...See how that works?

Wa doesn't recognize Or because Or doesn't recognize Wa
Wa recognizes most other states as I remember.
That's why some other states don't recognize Or
Haven't looked it up since I moved to a constitutional carry state:cool:
:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR