JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw these stats over at OpenCarry.org due to a FOIA request and thought folks here might be interested in a summary of WA CCW by county.

WA CCW stats

The thread title refers to a NY website, but these are just aggregate WA stats. Unfortunately I cannot attach the PDF here as it is too large.

There are 279,133 active licenses. King County has 54,000 (2.89% of population). Highest % is Lincoln County with 8.91%. :s0001:

I have to admit I didn't even know where Lincoln County is. :eek:

I wonder what county the count people from out of state such as Oregon with Washington CPLs. I would think it would just be the county that issued them (Clark mainly) Or would it fall under unknown?

Those Lincoln County numbers are even more impressive if you consider that at least 20% of the population total shown must be under 18, so the CCW % is probably above 10%.

Those Lincoln County numbers are even more impressive if you consider that at least 20% of the population total shown must be under 18, so the CCW % is probably above 10%.

If you also add in the people legally ineligible (felons, DV misdemeanor) the number rises even further.

There are 2 ways to weigh the stats:

1) % of eligible people

2) % of all people

#1 could suggest % of gun rights support in a geography
#2 could suggest % of sheep dogs amongst a crowd - cuz felons, mentally all might be sharing the sidewalk with you

Just to let you all know, the total active CPLs in WA is 269,447 if you add up the county by county totals shown in the letter.

Not the 279k plus listed.

Boring morning!!!
Ed :D

If you also add in the people legally ineligible (felons, DV misdemeanor) the number rises even further.

I figure it's closer to 10% overall going by the figures I got direct from the DOL and published population totals.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Thank god they do not take this to the supreme court like they did on the thing about people against gay marriage and let it be known who has or has or does not have a ccw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top