JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm looking to purchase my ccw pistol and I think i'm down to either the xdm 3.8 or the gen 4 19. I really like the ergos on the xd but the Glock is slightly smaller and lighter. However the xdm holds 3 more rounds. Plus they jsut released a XDM 3.8 compact with a shortened maga well. Any thoughts? In addition if anyone in the area who has a xdm 3.8 9mm would be interested in meeting up for a shoot I would be very greatful to get some trigger time on the pistol. I live in the Everett area btw.

Josh

I love the feel of the xd9sc but if you want the xdm I like the new 3.8 compact you mentioned. I also like the passive safeties on the XD's. If I was into foreign made firearms the XD(m) series would be high on my list.

Version 3 is the original 19Gen4 recoil spring. Mine's got the 3 and runs perfect

Incorrect. Dunno about 01 spring, but there was an 02 Spring in early gen 4s and and 02-1 spring, although some of the 03s also had problems.

Numerous inoperable failures have been reported with those by Gary Roberts.

Incorrect. Dunno about 01 spring, but there was an 02 Spring in early gen 4s and and 02-1 spring, although some of the 03s also had problems.

Numerous inoperable failures have been reported with those by Gary Roberts.

You sure those were in the 19's?

IIRC, 17's had the 01 and then 02, 19's had 03 and then 04.

I'm really liking the new XDm 3.8 compact. That said I really do not care for the idea of purchasing a pistol with zero trigger time on it. And am finding it nearly impossible to find one to shoot. Any thoughts on the Xdm trigger, etc?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top