J&B Firearm Sales
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Reactions
So I'm looking to purchase my ccw pistol and I think i'm down to either the xdm 3.8 or the gen 4 19. I really like the ergos on the xd but the Glock is slightly smaller and lighter. However the xdm holds 3 more rounds. Plus they jsut released a XDM 3.8 compact with a shortened maga well. Any thoughts? In addition if anyone in the area who has a xdm 3.8 9mm would be interested in meeting up for a shoot I would be very greatful to get some trigger time on the pistol. I live in the Everett area btw.

Josh

Reactions
I love the feel of the xd9sc but if you want the xdm I like the new 3.8 compact you mentioned. I also like the passive safeties on the XD's. If I was into foreign made firearms the XD(m) series would be high on my list.

Reactions
Version 3 is the original 19Gen4 recoil spring. Mine's got the 3 and runs perfect

Incorrect. Dunno about 01 spring, but there was an 02 Spring in early gen 4s and and 02-1 spring, although some of the 03s also had problems.

Numerous inoperable failures have been reported with those by Gary Roberts.

Reactions
Incorrect. Dunno about 01 spring, but there was an 02 Spring in early gen 4s and and 02-1 spring, although some of the 03s also had problems.

Numerous inoperable failures have been reported with those by Gary Roberts.

You sure those were in the 19's?

IIRC, 17's had the 01 and then 02, 19's had 03 and then 04.

Reactions
I'm really liking the new XDm 3.8 compact. That said I really do not care for the idea of purchasing a pistol with zero trigger time on it. And am finding it nearly impossible to find one to shoot. Any thoughts on the Xdm trigger, etc?

Reactions
Send the xdm to Springer Precision and have them do a combat carry trigger job on it for ya. They do awesome work and specialize in XD/XDm work but don't shy away to any gun.

Southwest Firearms Forum
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Cerberus Training Group
Project Appleseed
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms
Sporting Systems
Oregon Arms & Ammunition

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Top Bottom