Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CCW Springfield XDM 3.8 or Gen 4 Glock 19

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by UA8, Dec 19, 2010.

1. UA8

UA8 Snohomish County New Member

So I'm looking to purchase my ccw pistol and I think i'm down to either the xdm 3.8 or the gen 4 19. I really like the ergos on the xd but the Glock is slightly smaller and lighter. However the xdm holds 3 more rounds. Plus they jsut released a XDM 3.8 compact with a shortened maga well. Any thoughts? In addition if anyone in the area who has a xdm 3.8 9mm would be interested in meeting up for a shoot I would be very greatful to get some trigger time on the pistol. I live in the Everett area btw.

Josh

2. newt

newt Corvallis Member

If you buy a Gen4 G19, make sure you get a recent one that has the version 3 or 4 recoil spring in it.

3. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Version 3 is the original 19Gen4 recoil spring. Mine's got the 3 and runs perfect.:thumbup:

4. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I love the feel of the xd9sc but if you want the xdm I like the new 3.8 compact you mentioned. I also like the passive safeties on the XD's. If I was into foreign made firearms the XD(m) series would be high on my list.

5. newt

newt Corvallis Member

Incorrect. Dunno about 01 spring, but there was an 02 Spring in early gen 4s and and 02-1 spring, although some of the 03s also had problems.

Numerous inoperable failures have been reported with those by Gary Roberts.

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

You sure those were in the 19's?

IIRC, 17's had the 01 and then 02, 19's had 03 and then 04.

7. newt

newt Corvallis Member

Yes I have seen Gen4 G19's with 02 Springs.

8. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

This.

9. Chameleon

Chameleon Central Oregon Member

I say go with the XDmc if you come across one. they are very nice and still give you the ability to have the full size 3.8 if you use the extended mag.

10. UA8

UA8 Snohomish County New Member

I'm really liking the new XDm 3.8 compact. That said I really do not care for the idea of purchasing a pistol with zero trigger time on it. And am finding it nearly impossible to find one to shoot. Any thoughts on the Xdm trigger, etc?

11. Chameleon

Chameleon Central Oregon Member

Send the xdm to Springer Precision and have them do a combat carry trigger job on it for ya. They do awesome work and specialize in XD/XDm work but don't shy away to any gun.