JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If my Friend is printing, I ~KNOW~ he would want to be told.

I Know that from experience. You, I do not KNOW, I will mind MY own business.

You come up to me and tell me I am printing, I might show you my TENS UNIT, that I often carry for pain relief!!! It is exactly where my Friend CCW's, not me, and if you are looking where I carry CCW, then I will question your Sexual Agenda!

:s0131: :s0131: :s0131:

;)

philip Boondocking on Hwy 36

Gotta admit that I profile people and look to see if they're carrying. I've never felt the need to mention to them that I made them. I suppose if I wanted to make a new friend it could be a conversation starter, but I'm not usually looking for new friends. Mostly just another check box as I evaluate the people around me.

When I opened the link to the WA laws, my first reaction was, "crap! Look at all those laws!" Then I wonder what our "founding fathers" would say in relation to the Bill of Rights...I don't have all the answers, sometimes I just shake my head and keep my mouth shut. It seems as though we have a lot of work to do, and are swimming against the current.

Regarding the printing, I am usually comforted knowing that I am not the only one.

I really enjoy seeing my customers who carry (both "concealed" and "outside carry",) both for the kind of people they are as well as for the fun conversations, AND I am always glad to see those who feel it is their responsibility as a citizen to carry.

Sincerely.

I think the key here is concealed, not hidden. Along the lines of not brandishing. For the most part, only CCL/CPL folks notice this stuff- the general public doesn't know what to look for, and usually figures what they see is some goofy old cell phone in a geek holder on a belt. The law doesn't require them to be hidden- just concealed in a reasonable manner. If you and I knew each other, and it was no longer concealed- i.e. in plain view- I'd mention it. Beyond that, I'd mind my own business. I think your intent is good- help a fellow "likely good guy" to hone his craft- but you never know and I'd just move along...

The law does not REQUIRE any such. Openly Carring your sidearm is just as legal as concealing it if you have a license...and you can openly carry in OR and WA WITHOUT a nanny permit. Some towns (in OR) may restrict loaded carry (that is any carry) without a permit, but your CPL/CHL allows you to conceal in places you cannot without meeting an exception in RCW 9.41.060, or ORS 166.260.

You guys that think you MUST conceal just show your lack of understanding of the law. NO, you DO NOT HAVE to conceal if you have a CPL/CHL...that goes for Portland too.

WA laws are irrelevant.. the guy was in portland..

That said with our cold temps lately, have to wonder how he was carrying and what he was wearing to be printing. Asside from that, who cares.. If he printed while reaching for something, or in an ackward position, I would give him a pass and commend myself on spotting him as well as knowing there is a another sheepdog around. If he was constantly printing or showing I would likely have approached him away from other people and just mentioned it very casually in passing.. Maybe even a "what do you carry" to strike up a conversation, and let him know that I carry too, start talking hardware etc.

If he reacts badly to initial mention, oh well, I am on my way after a quick mention, nice to not meet you..

Some people may not care if they show or not, it is not considered brandishing. At the same time if you do not care, they why not just open carry? Ohhh yeah it draws less attention. Well then why snap at someone that brings to attention that your shirt is hung over your pistol grip like a trench coat in a spaghetti western high noon showdown? We have all been there, specially new carriers that are trying to find they way they like to carry and that works FOR THEM.. Never hurts Help a fellow 2A supporter out...

Ever read ORS 166.250(3)? You do know that with a CHL open carry pistol of a LOADED is 100% legal in Portland? And unload open carry is 100% legal in Portland WITHOUT a CHL? ORS 166.173 only allows the local government's to restrict LOADED carry if a person does not have a nanny permit. Local government cannot restrict carry, even without a nanny permit, just loaded carry. If you have a nanny permit, you can carry openly anywhere you can conceal.

To the op's question. I would not bother the person unless you wish to say hi? are you a member of NWfirearms?

When I opened the link to the WA laws, my first reaction was, "crap! Look at all those laws!" Then I wonder what our "founding fathers" would say in relation to the Bill of Rights...I don't have all the answers, sometimes I just shake my head and keep my mouth shut. It seems as though we have a lot of work to do, and are swimming against the current.

Regarding the printing, I am usually comforted knowing that I am not the only one.

I really enjoy seeing my customers who carry (both "concealed" and "outside carry",) both for the kind of people they are as well as for the fun conversations, AND I am always glad to see those who feel it is their responsibility as a citizen to carry.

Sincerely.

What is it you do not like about RCW 9.41? At least we do not have to worry about what a local government can restrict, we don't have to provide "references" or "proof of training" to get a CPL, we have a much better exception (read ORS 166.260, then read RCW 9.41.060..which do you prefer?). We allow anyone that wants to come to our state apply for a CPL, and our CPL is recognized in more states than OR's CHL?

We have one restriction that OR does not have. We cannot general open carry without a CPL in a vehicle, loaded, but then we also have RCW 9.41.060(8) to cover most instances on not just going to work etc....other than that...tell me where OR is better? We can OC without a nanny permit in any town in WA. We can carry into any library, park, municipal building, the state legailature...no permit necessary if OC. Try that in OR???? (ORS 166.360-380)

Correct me if I am wrong but the two things that I am pretty sure that OR has that we can not do in WA is carry in bars and schools. This is with a CPL.

Kind of right. We can carry in schools under 280 (b) and (c) ((b) is providing security (c) basically means "with permission", but yes, as a general item you can not have a firearm in a school building.

And we do have the over 21 restriction, but I don't care about that one. Having a beer with my dinner out is good enough for me. If WA would open carry into over 21 establishments, I would not have a problem with that, but I would not participate.

If some one told me that I was "printing" I would probably tell them to mind their own damn business! If some one sees my gun printing or the grip of it pop out from under my shirt when I bend down to grab something and it bugs them or scares them that is their problem and not my problem!

Correct me if I am wrong but the two things that I am pretty sure that OR has that we can not do in WA is carry in bars and schools. This is with a CPL.

I still think not having to concern ourselves with restrictions like Portland is able to have under ORS 166.173 outweighs everything else...I do not want think about what Seattle would try if they had the opportunity,,,Eh?

I carry OWB under an untucked shirt and a loose overshirt. I know it must print sometimes. Especially if there is a wind blowing and my loose clothing gets a little pressed to the body. Do I care? Not in the least. Only a few others have ever spotted it and I think most of them were CCW types also. I guess we kind of know where to look for it. The other sheep running around wouldn't see it on their best day. Printing is not really a problem. Nobody has ever said a word about printing to me. I wouldn't be angry if they did.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top