JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a non resident CCW issued in Washington that is coming up for renewal in June. Does WA still issue a CCW to non residents or has that gone the way of the dodo bird?

Whichever county is closet to you in Washington State you can call and see if they make they will make an appointment for you or not. Since you have non resident CPL already for Washington State.

My permit was issued in Whatcom county and at the time, had no trouble. Received the permit within 2 weeks of application, but no telling what it will be now. If the RCW's haven't changed, there should be no problem other than the sheriff's office dragging their feet. Whatcom does have a good sheriff

I have a non-resident WA CHL and I'm pretty sure it's renewable by mail every five years. No appearance or appointment needed. Getting my WA permit a year ago as an Oregon resident was ten times easier than getting my Oregon permit seven years ago.

You can renew within 90 days of expiration. Our county Sheriff is awesome.
Call for appointment, give money, sometimes walk out with permit.
Otherwise get in mail in a few days.
Non-resident may take a little longer.

Thanks for the info. On line beats goiing downtown and messing around with the homeless that have taken over.

I live in Washington State and I had to go to the Sheriff's office to renew my CPL. This was a few years ago now so maybe they have changed the procedures now.

Seattle PD was very helpful when I called to inquire about my renewal. He sent me a link to
a website which hosted an online form to print out and fill. I sent it in with the $35 and within
4 weeks a beautifully laminated license was sent to me. easy peasy

Aren't you LEO? I always thought you guys were exempt from permits, even off duty?
I live in Vancouver Wa. I used to be a CCW member. CCW no longer can insure Washington residents.
I have new gun insurance through US LawShield.
Are there any other Washington residents that have US LawShield or a different gun insurance?

I live in Vancouver Wa. I used to be a CCW member. CCW no longer can insure Washington residents.
I have new gun insurance through US LawShield.
Are there any other Washington residents that have US LawShield or a different gun insurance?
Why am I quoted?

I wasn't going to this time since my Utah covers me but chickened out at the last moment thinking I never know if or when reciprocity structure will change for the worse so I re upped mine in Vancouver a few months back without issue other than the 60 day wait they were allowed to do. Sure enough 3 days after their time expired mine was in the mail box. All my old permits were paper and this one was to be plastic with my picture but they decided to forgo the picture citing reduced staff and Covid but at least it is now plastic.

Last time I checked, you must have a CCW from your state of residence before you can get a UT permit. Better check before you give up your WA permit

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top