CCW permit laws

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by FA9, Nov 11, 2012.

1. FA9

FA9
    Hillsburrito, ORgun

Want to refresh my memory on the ccw laws. Whats the best or easiest way of doing it without sitting through another lecture or reading the handbook?

2. fredball

fredball
    Vancouver, WA

Unfortunatly if you live in oregon you have to do that as I understand it, 1 you must have a current fireamrs training class or hunters safty class, 2 a compelling letter and 3 then fill out their form and pay your money , I think it's 60 or 65.00 bux

3. Glock23gp

Glock23gp
    Newport / Salem

When i went to renew my cwp the Lincoln County Sheriff gave me a sheet of paper with the most important info and I believe it had a link to a web site that had all the in depth rules. I will look at it when I get off work and post the link for you if it pertains to your area up North.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

4. Thebastidge

Thebastidge
    10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662

The letter of justification is only for non-residents. Oregon is a shall-issue state. If you're a resident, and not prohibited, have taken a safety course, you submit your paperwork and feee and get your CHL.

Although, I highly recommend doing your own research. It doesn't take long and you'll get less noise with your signal.

5. pokerace

pokerace
    Newberg

6. Floridian

Floridian
    Oregon

7. BillM

BillM
    Amity OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you shoot competively----USPSA, IDPA, probably some others, it will qualify you without an additional
    class/course.