JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mobile/?type=story&id=2012877566&st_app=ip_news_lite&st_ver=1.2 said:
A 27-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail early Sunday morning after Seattle police said he fired a gunshot into the air.

According to police, officers working the "Belltown Safe Streets" detail heard a gunshot near First Avenue and Lenora Street just after 1 a.m. A witness told the officers he saw a man fire one a gunshot into the air near an alley in the 100 block of Lenora Street. The witness said the man then put the handgun into his waistband and walked north on First Avenue.

The witness pointed out the suspect, who was walking with another man. Officers stopped the two men at First Avenue and Blanchard Street and found both were carrying .40-caliber handguns. Each man had a valid concealed weapons permit, police said.

:huh:

The only upside is that nobody was hurt and there will one less idiot with a CCW and a handgun.

I do have to wonder wtf he was thinking though?

God this is frustrating. But if we dont help mandate some better qualifications and training PRIOR to issuing a permit, this is what we get.
There is a reason Oregon and Washington dont have reciprocity.... we dont what alot of states do prior to issuing permits. We dont require handling of a firearm. We dont require qualifying with a firearm. We dont require more than 2 freaking hours of "the laws" of carrying.
Imagine how pissed we will be, when it is our own "brothers" that ultimately make the argument FOR the anti-second amendment group. I know I wont be happy.

The last thing needed is MORE regulations on individuals to "prove" to some benevolent bureaucrat that one is "qualified" to carry.

The thing that needs to happen is THIS PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL needs to enjoy a suspension of his "permit" along with a strongly worded rebuke for the stupidity of his actions.

The last thing needed is MORE regulations on individuals to "prove" to some benevolent bureaucrat that one is "qualified" to carry.

The thing that needs to happen is THIS PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL needs to enjoy a suspension of his "permit" along with a strongly worded rebuke for the stupidity of his actions.

Seriously?

Without regulation who would "suspend" the permit?
Without qualification, how would he "Prove" he deserves it back?

How about we be a little proactive, and deal with the root cause, instead of a "REBUKE" when someone does something that has the potential to severely lmit an entire nations ability to excercise a right given by our fore-fathers?

"Strongly worded rebuke".......:s0114: :nuts: :s0064:

Seriously?

Without regulation who would "suspend" the permit?
Without qualification, how would he "Prove" he deserves it back?

How about we be a little proactive, and deal with the root cause, instead of a "REBUKE" when someone does something that has the potential to severely lmit an entire nations ability to excercise a right given by our fore-fathers?

"Strongly worded rebuke".......:s0114: :nuts: :s0064:

The point is... why is it that when some individual does something stupid the cry goes out to immediately be more restrictive on everyone else?

How about first dealing with the "root cause" of THE IDIOT doing what HE did (most likely --> :drunk:) and leave the rest of us alone?

Sorry but the hair on the back of my neck gets animated when I hear the phrases "we need to do something" and "root cause". The only thing left to say is... it's "for the children". :nuts: :s0154: :s0054:

The point is... why is it that when some individual does something stupid the cry goes out to immediately be more restrictive on everyone else?

How about first dealing with the "root cause" of THE IDIOT doing what HE did (most likely --> :drunk:) and leave the rest of us alone?

Sorry but the hair on the back of my neck gets animated when I hear the phrases "we need to do something" and "root cause". The only thing left to say is... it's "for the children". :nuts: :s0154: :s0054:

I see your point. I just have a worst case view of Idiots like this guy. They will become the poster child for CCW permits. Thats all that gets in the media. We dont. The thousands of CCW holders that do what they need to do, without negatively affecting anyone else.
Sometimes you have to fight using their own tactics against them. But I do see your point.
Now, lets let by-gones be by-gones.......... for the children! :s0114: Sorry, couldnt help myself. ;)

The thing is you can pile on a book full of restrictions and the same idiots will still be idiots so the extra regulation will have no effect on them, the only effect will be to curtail the rights of the people who already do the right thing.

Case in point, the firing of a gun in city limits was already a crime, will new regulations make it crimeyier? Illegallyier or safeyier? ;)

The thing is you can pile on a book full of restrictions and the same idiots will still be idiots so the extra regulation will have no effect on them, the only effect will be to curtail the rights of the people who already do the right thing.

Case in point, the firing of a gun in city limits was already a crime, will new regulations make it crimeyier? Illegallyier or safeyier? ;)

Exactly. Idiots will always be idiots. Criminals will always be criminals. New laws will only make the books thicker and tougher for regular people to understand and obey.

I see your point. I just have a worst case view of Idiots like this guy. They will become the poster child for CCW permits. Thats all that gets in the media. We dont. The thousands of CCW holders that do what they need to do, without negatively affecting anyone else.
Sometimes you have to fight using their own tactics against them. But I do see your point.
Now, lets let by-gones be by-gones.......... for the children! :s0114: Sorry, couldnt help myself. ;)

No worries! I'd like to see plenty of things done "for the children" too but I prefer to focus the effect of said things on the actual "violator" rather than new blanket rules for everyone else.
:drink:

No worries! I'd like to see plenty of things done "for the children" too but I prefer to focus the effect of said things on the actual "violator" rather than new blanket rules for everyone else.
:drink:

You betcha: Ban the moron, not the tool.

The only upside I see is that his CCW will be revoked without anybody getting hurt.

Originally Posted by Man arrested after Belltown gunplay | Seattle Times Mobile er=1.2
A 27-year-old man was booked into the King County Jail early Sunday morning after Seattle police said he fired a gunshot into the air.

According to police, officers working the "Belltown Safe Streets" detail heard a gunshot near First Avenue and Lenora Street just after 1 a.m. A witness told the officers he saw a man fire one a gunshot into the air near an alley in the 100 block of Lenora Street. The witness said the man then put the handgun into his waistband and walked north on First Avenue.

The witness pointed out the suspect, who was walking with another man. Officers stopped the two men at First Avenue and Blanchard Street and found both were carrying .40-caliber handguns. Each man had a valid concealed weapons permit, police said.

I question the whole story,I wonder about this "witness"!!!!

Maybe he was an idiot, but maybe not. We all know how the media plays up situations by limiting, and blatantly leaving facts out at times. Chances are, that if the guy's were drinking...it would have been mentioned. I'd like to know what they booked the man on? I know it's far-fetched, but what if the scenario played out something more like this...........Two ccw carriers walking through an alley hear a car backfire, or a trashcan lid bang. One of them nervously draws his firearm, prepared to defend himself. Passerby see's individual with gun in hand and passes this information on to the police. Maybe the guy didn't even draw. We all know that "witness" information is generally unreliable without any other evidence to back it up. In that witness's mind, he might have heard a bang...seen a gun, and made a connection in his head. For all we (the interested general public) know....the carrier didn't even draw his weapon. He might have only pulled up his shirt and placed his hand on the gun.
Until there is EVIDENCE that this man committed a crime utilizing his firearm.....we the people.....the supporter's of gun rights in the country, should NOT be passing judgment. If WE are all so ready to immediately assume that what they say actually happened.....and assume guilt, than why would the rest of the public give any more of a chance????? Shame on all of you who started immediately spouting off and calling names. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
One other thing.........we all have freedom of speech.....but.....the general public has access to our posts here, and if we gun rights supporters begin to immediately jump on the bandwagon with bullbubblegum talk about "limitations", then we're just giving the leftists ammunition. How would YOU like to be paraphrased or quoted on the front page of a newspaper...."Even Local Gun rights activist discuss more regulations as necessary."!!

The challenge is preventing the IDIOT from getting the CCW permit in the first place. I must admit I am leaning towards JC9995's point of view.

No easy answers really.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads