JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a very useful chart, for me anyways. I have no 18 or younger folks anymore, but that is or could be a important consideration if you have younger family members. I do not know if my USCCA covers 20 or 50 states, or what the 20 are. I have more questions as I drill down the chart.

Just renewed my USCCA Silver membership. I'm glad that I haven't had to use it so I can't exactly say what is or isn't worth it.

One thing it's worth: since I became a USCCA life member, I don't have to read any of Concealed Carry magazine's articles about why we need insurance! The stories of people who didn't have insurance when they needed it, are pretty ugly: life savings wiped out, having to use attorneys who don't know gun laws and 2A rights, and on and on.

BTW, if you're of a certain age, life membership is available at a major discount.

Also, coverage includes legal use of any and all weapons against persons (they recently clarified that they don't cover shooting animals, should an animal's owner sue even if no criminal charges are brought).

What does this pricey or low cost coverage not cover?

I think such coverage is fraught with hidden non-coverage gems, like expenses for private investigators, expert witnesses, etc. i.e., things you've not thought about needing....if and when.

Don't blindly assume you're covered A to Z to defend you if you have to defend yourself with a gun only to find 'ah, sorry sir, our policy doesn't cover this and no, not that either, or the other thing.

Research well before you plunk your money down.

I don't see a Silver or Lifetime membership on their website. (USCCA) ????

My life membership was an offer from USCCA that might not be generally available. Same for my NRA life membership. I went for both because of significant discounts offered at the time. USCCA's customer service is superb, though, so I suggest you just call them up and ask. One benefit of membership is the Concealed Carry magazine subscription, where articles regularly get into some of the details of the coverage—in fact, that's where I found the tidbit about not covering a member if an animal's owner institutes a civil suit.

Just chatted with a USCCA agent. Here's the official word: "At this time, we no longer offer lifetime memberships, but we do still offer Silver if an individual were to call in or chat/email with an advisor and ask for it."

Read up on this organization.

There's a lot of severe criticism....

Were I to buy such coverage (I haven't) it would be with the NRA...

Have you tried to contact anyone at NRA or NRA-ILA? I've sent a number of emails to our state NRA rep and not once have I received a reply. I sure wouldn't want to try to call someone at NRA in the aftermath of a shooting! I can reach a real person at USCCA 24/7, and it will be someone who can contact a pre-vetted defense attorney, wire funds, etc.

They just got into the business two years ago. The NRA (I'm a lifetime member) is not a very forward thinking organization. Try calling as suggested ….. good luck.

This sucks: What does this mean for any form of CCW Insurance, not just NRA?
----
Of particular note in the article is this line: "Washington state law prohibits insurance that covers criminal activity"

WTF? I thought we were buying insurance that covers lawyers and legal expense for what an over reaching all too powerful guberment might try and deem a illegal activity that is in fact legal [self defense and the 2A rights employed] causing you to be harmed by their actions.

I just see all kinds of WRONG here on this sh*t head Kreidler's part. How can they deny us insurance that covers the legal expenses of fighting them?

Link >> Kreidler bans sale of NRA-affiliated insurance, seeks fines of $177,000 | Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner

Kreidler bans sale of NRA-affiliated insurance, seeks fines of $177,000

January 15, 2019

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler today banned the sale of illegal insurance policies branded by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and will fine two companies involved in underwriting and selling them in Washington state.

Kreidler ordered Illinois Union Insurance Co. to stop underwriting the policies, branded under the NRA as self-defense policies. They are illegal in Washington state because they insure unlawful activity.

Kreidler also seeks to fine the company $102,000 for selling 811 of the illegal policies to Washington state consumers.

Kreidler also seeks to fine Lockton Affinity L.L.C. $75,000. Lockton Affinity is the licensed insurance producer that sold the illegal policies on behalf of the NRA.

"When it comes to insurance products associated with the NRA, it's buyer beware," Kreidler said. "The attempt to insure a criminal act is a rip-off for consumers. The policies sold are deceptive and dishonest. I would be remiss as the state's insurance regulator if I didn't shut them down."

There is more - use the link at top to go and read entire article!
----

When I was a youngster I read that insurance is a bet against yourself. I believed it then and still do today.

Since then, I've watched how the insurance industry has expanded and the costs for insurance has become staggering. Even scarier is how closely the insurance industry and politicians have become in recent decades. If enough people buy into the insurance need; then, the legal industry starts looking to get into the action which drives the prices of insurances even higher.

Soon, it will cost too much to be a part of the shooting community.

Do you have links/references for the criticism? I'm an instructor and I'd be curious to see what's being said. I can't really find anything except a thread from 15 years ago on guntoters.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top