JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They allow kids in the restaurant, just not the bar area.

I have seen several restaurants post the WA State warning for RCW 9.41-300(d) "That portion of an establishment classified by the *state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age" in their front window, YET, other than the bar area, they allow children into the general dining area.

If I were caught carrying in the NON bar area, and there were children at the next table, would the restaurant have a leg to stand on?

This is also what Argosy Cruises posts....

I have seen several restaurants post the WA State warning for RCW 9.41-300(d) "That portion of an establishment classified by the *state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age" in their front window, YET, other than the bar area, they allow children into the general dining area.

If I were caught carrying in the NON bar area, and there were children at the next table, would the restaurant have a leg to stand on?

This is also what Argosy Cruises posts....but they allow kids on their boats....

Right, but only the BAR area is supposed to be posted. These places use the sign in the front window in an attempt to make the whole restaurant a no carry zone. Would that hold up in court?

Right, but only the BAR area is supposed to be posted. These places use the sign in the front window in an attempt to make the whole restaurant a no carry zone. Would that hold up in court?

I would imagine that it's their property. If they post it no guns, than they can trespass you (in the under 21 area). Just like any other business posting no weapons.

No crime committed though.

In the over 21 area, it is a criminal act to carry (in WA).

How can they Tresspass me if they are NOT allowed, by law, to ban firearms in their restaurant, other than in the direct bar area?

RCW 9.41.290
State preemption.

The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

My company is having a Christmas party aboard an Argosy Cruises boat. It is open to all family members, all ages.

Yet, from the Argosy web page:

For the safety of all guests, weapons (concealed or otherwise) are not permitted on Argosy Cruises' property, including our visitor center, boats, and the Tillicum Excursion on Blake Island. The only exception to this is law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of a boarding pass consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. If you are unable to comply with these conditions, then we will not allow you access to Argosy property. This is in adherence to Washington State law (RCW 9.41.300)(d).

So, can they claim this justification if they are allowing children aboard the boat?

Again, private business can do what they want in regards to no weapons.

It's not against the law to be carrying within one, however you could be trespassed should you be discovered.

In a bar (over 21 zone if you will), in WA it is against the law to carry. Concealed or otherwise.

The boat trip may or may not fall into other law catagories, TSA as an example. Dunno. But again, it is there private business and there choosing to do as they wish.

While I fully understand that bad things can and do happen anywhere, I'm not sure I would find it necessary to Carry on board. Take the Evil Thing along but Carry, 24/7, I think not. WA Law does allow Places to Refuse Service for a number of things but then if you feel you have been mistreated then the Law also allows you to recover damages. But that's costly too. Just look at how badly you want to go and what you are willing to do to go. If it's worth it then do what you feel is best.

This is also what Argosy Cruises posts....

You can legally go anywhere someone under the age of 21 can go. Period.

Just do not go into the "bar".

IF there is not an entrance to the Restruant that allows you to bypass the bar then I would report the business to the city as they would be out of code and technically letting minors into the bar, no matter for how short of a time.

Hope this helps.

My company is having a Christmas party aboard an Argosy Cruises boat. It is open to all family members, all ages.

Yet, from the Argosy web page:

For the safety of all guests, weapons (concealed or otherwise) are not permitted on Argosy Cruises' property, including our visitor center, boats, and the Tillicum Excursion on Blake Island. The only exception to this is law enforcement personnel in the performance of their official duties. The presenter of a boarding pass consents to a reasonable search for weapons before entering. If you are unable to comply with these conditions, then we will not allow you access to Argosy property. This is in adherence to Washington State law (RCW 9.41.300)(d).

So, can they claim this justification if they are allowing children aboard the boat?

Now you are getting into Maritime Law where the Captain has the final say CPL or not. 18 U.S. Code § 2277 - Explosives or dangerous weapons aboard vessels

However if it is just a business on land that is open to the public you can legally carry. I would suggest that you have a CC permit and keep it concealed because an anti-gun business owner may call the cops on you if you open carry and disturb any snowflake customers.

Now you are getting into Maritime Law where the Captain has the final say CPL or not. 18 U.S. Code § 2277 - Explosives or dangerous weapons aboard vessels

However if it is just a business on land that is open to the public you can legally carry. I would suggest that you have a CC permit and keep it concealed because an anti-gun business owner may call the cops on you if you open carry and disturb any snowflake customers.

Owners of private property and leasers of any property can determine whether you can carry on the premises. It has no force of law, but provides a reason to trespass you from the property. For instance, publically funded sports stadiums are leased by a team or league and they can ban the carry of firearms on their grounds. I am permitted to carry under LEOSA but still have to abide by owner or leaser policy when not on duty.

What are you worried about it's a company party you know everyone no need to take a gun .mmmmmm oh yeah that thing in SAN BURDINO was a company Xmas party mmmm take your gun or don't go on a boat your a sitting duck

Lol as most of you know I tend to drink sometimes hehehe and I don't really hold my tougne sometimes so I don't go to are company partys haven't been to one in 15 years lol still have my job

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top