JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I am looking for a good (cost effective) CCW class.

Anyone know of a good place thats not overpriced in Vancouver?

Materials and techniques for self teaching?

New to shooting and just want to learn the fundamentals and basics so I have a good foundation to becoming a profitient shooter w/ pistol

Any advice is appreciatted! Thanks!

There are quite a few of us NRA instructors in Vancouver and Portland. One doesn't make a lot of money at it, so most of them do it to spread the love of shooting.

Check out NRAInstructors.org. You can find a variety of local instructors on various subjects. I highly recommend NRA courses for your beginning. The Basic Pistol course will cover the requirements for your Oregon CHL. You don't need a class for your Washginton CPL. Just go apply at the Sheriff's office in downton Vancouver. Oregon isn't reciprocal with anybody, so you need both. Washington is recpirpocal with several states, notably Idaho. If you can find a class that combines the OR and UT requirements, take that, and you'll be good to go for 38-some states. Realize that the UT class is considerably more cost, but it's worth it. People teaching the UT course have had to go through a lot of hoops to get certified to teach it- I plan to do so but haven't had time yet. You could go as cheap as $35 or $40 for the OR CHL safety course, but it probably won't include live fire training- not a requirement under OR law, but since your goal is proficiency and not simply the license itself, I'd recommend taking a live fire course. The coaching really does help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top