JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yay team! ;)

Federal CCW lawsuit made Chicago self-defense incident possible

Yesterday's big discussion about the self-defense shooting in Chicago by an Uber driver that put a suspect in the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds – while nobody else was hurt – was underscored this morning by the Second Amendment Foundation, whose federal right-to-carry lawsuit force Illinois to adopt a concealed carry law nearly two years ago.

<broken link removed>

One of the reports says that he used a shotgun and fired 6 shots. I would have guessed some extensive collateral damage if that was the case.

That report was FOS. I talked to the Cook County State's Attorney's office Monday and the nice gun-ignorant lady there (and she was very pleasant!) said that someone in her office had called the gun a ".45-caliber shotgun," suggesting to me that we're actually talking about a Smith & Wesson Governor, the 6-shot revolver that chambers the .410 shotshell.
The Taurus Judge and its clones all load five in the cylinder, so methinks we're talking a Smith here.

The revolver is now in the evidence locker until this thing is cleared up, but the good guy is out on the street, no charges filed against him and nobody but the bad guy got hurt. I love a happy ending, don't you?

;)

The revolver is now in the evidence locker until this thing is cleared up, but the good guy is out on the street, no charges filed against him and nobody but the bad guy got hurt. I love a happy ending, don't you?

;)

Well, it would be perfect if the guy got his revolver back, but it is a huge improvement at least.

Well, it would be perfect if the guy got his revolver back, but it is a huge improvement at least.

My understanding is that the good guy did not lose his gun. The bad guy is the one with the Governor so I hope he does not ever get it back!

I could be wrong but with no charges I do not imagine that the Uber driver would have to worry about losing anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top