JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0155: :s0155: :s0155: :s0155:

Concealed carry boom continues; women are big segment of buyers

Sunday’s report by KWES News that New Mexico saw “more than twice as many concealed carry permits…issued” last year puts that state in line with just about every other state in the nation, and women comprise a large segment of new gun buyers.

<broken link removed>

Women are finally realizing that the government won't be able to help them fast enough when a knife-wielding thug is kicking their door down at midnight.

I think a fair number of women figured that one out a long time ago.
I taught an adult education course on firearms and self-defense at Highline Community College almost 20 years ago and the overwhelming majority of my students were women. They were an eager bunch.

I actually wrote my book on Gun Rights and Responsibilities from the questions and discussions we had in those classes. Women are grand firearms students. They have nothing to prove, no predisposition about what they needed to show they could do...they just settled right down and learned.

The few women that I've casually taught how to shoot over the years were fantastic shots from the git-go. Overall, I really do believe women are better at shooting sports than men. It's nice to see more women are becoming interested in guns for the self-defense aspect.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top