JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife was sooo pissed off when I brought home my first firearm. Did NOT want any guns in the house.

I kept the gun and divorced the wife.

Probably for the best, I find it odd that a lot of women are solidly in the anti camp by default. Hope the ex doesn't encounter a situation where she would need a gun.

For myself I'll be getting my permit because bad things happen when you least expect it, if you knew something was going to happen beforehand you would avoid the situation altogether. It's not pleasant to think about the possibility that you could become a criminals target one day, but the possibility exists, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I'd talk to her about it, but also give it a bit of time, let her think about it. My husband has his permit already, but I'd like to be able to protect him as well and myself when I'm out alone.

Plus discreet carry is better in a lot of situations, no muss no fuss. Not that I'm against open carry, would like to try it sometime as well, but if it's truly concealed no one can hassle you about it.
Anyway just my 25 cents on the subject.

My wife got hers the same time I got mine. She thought it was a good idea since I can't always be there. She also hunts with me. She's a gun girl.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

My pitch was, "Hey, I'm taking this class, how about doing it with me?" It worked much better than "I think you should do this."
She doesn't carry when she's with me because I always do, and it bugs me that she doesn't get enough practice. I still nag her now and then, since:
"Nagging is merely the repetition of unpalatable truth."
- Dr. Edith Clara Summerskill
But you have to strike the right balance, given what you know about her personality.

She knows I worry about her when I travel, and so she complies with my wishes and carries when she's alone around the property. Interestingly, it's her fear of stray dogs that is more real to her than the threat of assault by some derelict high on bath salts.

Risk assessment is a strange and illogical process - the thought of smashing face-first through the windshield of a car is only enough motivation to get 1/3 of drivers to wear seat belts, but if you add to that the thought of getting a $50 ticket, seat-belt compliance rises to 2/3 of drivers. It's as if the face-first scenario isn't real to people because it's inconceivably horrible, while in contrast everybody knows what it's like to get a ticket.

My wife actually had one many years ago due to circumstances but let it expire when the need ended. So when I wanted one she was all over it and we both have one. She's a great shot and enjoys our time at the range as much as I do.

My sweetie was interested in firearms but not in having her own or even shooting until over a year ago. I think with the current political environment and wanting to be able to protect herself, she decided it was time. She got her CCW last year and carries a snubby .38 special regularly. The local club - ARPC - and their office manager Carol has been very helpful to her. They now have a monthly 'women only' fun shoot that Carol put together and is well attended.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top