JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,

My father and I live together and have recently moved to WA about 5 months ago from CA, both of us are firearm enthusiasts, but my father has never tried to purchase a firearm before. If he were to apply for a CCW or even a firearm purchase would they bar him from doing so? He used to have a card in CA when it was restricted, but I don't think he does so now due to the legislation of weed in WA. He smokes a little bit after each day of work, but only in the home and not in the car or outside.

Question 11e adds a waning that even if marijuana is legal in your state , it is still illegal under federal law.
( not sure of the exact wording )
But to me than means if you answer yes , 'cause its legal in Washington...then you will be given a denial on the BGC.

Which is one of the many problems with the BGC system... Not everyone is on the same page , so to speak.
Note that I am not saying to lie on the form...or any other such action.
Andy

Question 11e adds a waning that even if marijuana is legal in your state , it is still illegal under federal law.
( not sure of the exact wording )
But to me than means if you answer yes , 'cause its legal in Washington...then you will be given a denial on the BGC.

Which is one of the many problems with the BGC system... Not everyone is on the same page , so to speak.
Note that I am not saying to lie on the form...or any other such action.
Andy
:s0101::s0101:

One of my close friends has his CCW and med card he has never had a issue buying firearms.
As Andy mentioned the rub is do not admit it on a 4473. If you do use and lie, well you are lying. If you answer with the truth they are not going to sell you the gun. It's pretty cut and dried here guy. As Andy mentioned I too am NOT giving advice here. Just making sure people who read this know what they are heading for if they chose to use and then go buy a gun. Now I have no doubt the "I wana get high" crowd will what if this to death and try to pretend they are not understanding it.

If your father likes to smoke a bowl after a good days work, and does so in the comfort of his own home its not the state or fed or anyones business to tell him he cant have a firearm. The laws that have been passed are just trying to turn law abiding citizens into criminals. Keep buying your guns its your rite.

Ask the mods if they'll delete this thread for you. In the future, NEVER admit to anything in public unless under specific instructions from your lawyer.

The state laws today may not be the same in the future, and the federal government could change their policy about pursuing certain issues at any time.

Two choices as I see it

1) quit the devils lettuce.
2) never buy from a dispensary, only on the street and never admit to having ever done drugs of any kind.

States like OR, WA, CO, HI, etc like to get all high and mighty (ha, thats punny) exerting the 10th Amendment when it suits them, ie: marijuana law. But they (like Hawaii) will have 0 second thoughts about using federal law via form 4473 to trip you up and strip your 2A rights if they see fit. Pretty despicable IMO. HI tried it and got a lot of static. Don't think that other blue states won't try it too, especially OR and WA...

As a Class A CDL holder, CHL holder, and gun owner I don't partake, but awhile back I was curious about a dispensary that went in not far from me. My GF, who is much smarter than I said "DON'T!!! Don't even walk through the door!"... she was right, of course. ID checks, surveillance everywhere, and I wasn't really even that curious, so I stay away.

Without the need for a "medical mj" card, the chances of getting singled-out for prosecution are infinitesimal... the cops don't even show up when a convicted felon attempts a NICS at an FFL, they don't have the manpower... until they do. Meaning, if Inslee or Brown decide to make a stand and really push this kind of agenda, the OSP and WSP have to follow the directive, no matter how wasteful and stupid it is. One "none of your business" lie on a 4473 could get your 2A rights revoked for life... which is really the point.

I don't think they record anything ID related anymore, at least not in Oregon. But you're right about one thing, inviting the man into your life unnecessarily is a really bad idea. You never really know what they're going to do next.

Not really. There is a high threshold test but someone who is a heavy user could not have smoked weed for a week and the blood level would still be over the threshold and he wouldnt feel anything. Cops relly on field sobriety tests way more than on blood tests when it comes to drugs. Any yellow pages bottom of his class lawyer would get a casual user tests results thrown out . If youd like to cite precedence please do. You cant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top