JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious, how many of you concealed carry with a light on your hand gun? If you do, what gun/light/holster combo?

I carry my Gen3 Glock 23, with a Surefire X300 Ultra, daily, in a RKBA hybrid IWB holster. I love it! When in a bad place a night, it adds a little extra good feeling knowing you'll be able to see what you're aiming at.

Here are a couple pictures -
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have tried a similar setup using an RCS Phantom holster, G23 and Streamlight TLR... Honestly for me the light makes it too bulky. As someone wrote online, it feels like a "cafeteria tray crammed down your pants".

So I prefer keeping the flashlight separate and having more room to move. I do wear it OWB sometimes though. Maybe in 5-10 years when the lights are smaller I will try it again.

I carry with a light sometimes, I don't find it unbearable. I use an Armordillo Concealment X-fer kydex IWB holster with my 229 (in my photo) and in the past with a Gen4 23. Basically the holster retains the weapon light, not the firearm. What this means is that you can use the exact same holster for 1911s, Glocks, Sigs, whatever, provided they have the light the holster is designed to accept on the gun. In my case thats a 630 lumen TLR1-HL. Pretty radical concept, but works like charm.

Nope, I carry lazer equipped pistols. A pretty useful (bright) keychain light on a belt clip. That flash on the pistols looks pretty bulky!

PS: That keychain light is an LED lenser brand sold at Leatherman stores.

Last Edited:
Nope, I carry lazer equipped pistols. A pretty useful (bright) keychain light on a belt clip. That flash on the pistols looks pretty bulky!

I agree. I do not have a laser on my daily carry but good bright night sights. I do not find myself often without a maglight on my belt for work or at least my key chain light which was given to me by a family member that works for a place that makes them for the military and it is as bright as most gun tac lights.

Although it is bulky I do use a laser/light combo when camping on my M&P 40 since I can carry it OWB and not have to have it dig in like IWB carry.

For edc I prefer my gun to be able to fit snug IWB or in my pocket if I choose. A big light makes that tough.

Oh and the combo laser/light I cannot even remember the brand as I got it for 40 dollars or so off Amazon. To my surprise it has been solid for 2 years since I got it needing only a new battery for the flashlight a few months back.
I know you usually get what you pay for but the thing separates with one click to take off the light and just leave the laser and also snaps on the gun in a heartbeat if I just want the light on there...nothing to tighten or anything other than the initial laser sight in. Good quality for cheap. I will post a pic but the brand name is not even on it.

I carry a full sized 1911, IWB it's no more difficult (in my opinion) to carry than without the light. Doubles as my nightstand piece. Not my picture, but the same model/light.

Operator_zps0e4b8f3e.jpg

Last Edited:
CT grips on the S&W 638. If I'm working a detail at night I'll carry the light unit in a pocket and put it on if the need arises, which is very rare in my job, maybe once or twice has it come up.

The Sig light/laser rides on the nightstand Glock all the time though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top