JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was in the local farm/sporting goods store today. Solid establishment. Guy behind the gun counter, a retired Leo, tells me that CCI up north of me in Idaho has stopped manufacturing. He claims that a federal officer of some sort paid a visit flashed a badge and said something to the leadership and wham there shut down saying it's about Covid. Well Covid isn't a reason in Idaho.
Has anyone else heard this? He seemed very confident.

Just drove past CCI/SPEER on my way home (2 miles from my back door). The lot was full, lights were on, guard was in his booth, semi's were loading.
The guy was full of poop.
CCI/SPEER doesn't sell/fill orders from the factory (well, other than to it's employees in the company store)... only through it's wholesale distrubuters. Even the retailers here in town get their product from out-of-town wholesalers.

Can't speak to any of their many other factories around the country (like Federal) ... but this one is running 24/7..... (oh...and Potlatch is still making toilet paper too)

I was in the local farm/sporting goods store today. Solid establishment. Guy behind the gun counter, a retired Leo, tells me that CCI up north of me in Idaho has stopped manufacturing. He claims that a federal officer of some sort paid a visit flashed a badge and said something to the leadership and wham there shut down saying it's about Covid. Well Covid isn't a reason in Idaho.
I have no doubt the counter guy was "told" this by someone who "heard" it. The net is famous for this kind of stuff:s0140:

Sounds like one way to sell what's in the store.
The Gun Room would tell everyone that the guns in their store only used super dooper steel and stuff.

Sounds like one way to sell what's in the store.
The Gun Room would tell everyone that the guns in their store only used super dooper steel and stuff.

I remember when I was 20 and looking for a Glock 23 [:rolleyes:], I called The Gun Room to see if they had any in stock and the guy berated me for a few minutes about how Nascar doesn't put plastic in their engines and he'd be damned if he ever sold a gun made of plastic.

I wonder if that song has changed tune?

I remember when I was 20 and looking for a Glock 23 [:rolleyes:], I called The Gun Room to see if they had any in stock and the guy berated me for a few minutes about how Nascar doesn't put plastic in their engines and he'd be damned if he ever sold a gun made of plastic.

I wonder if that song has changed tune?
I've never entered that gun store. Sounds like a swell place to spend money.....

never ceases to amaze me how some gun shop owners can be such buttholes

Corporate owned factories, especially big outfits like owns CCI, don't make the decision to shut down at the local level. Unless it was an imminent life-or-death emergency, those kind of orders come from much higher up.

If some government official came to my plant and told us we needed to stop production, the request would go to corporate thousands of miles away, probably even make it to Paris. There would have to be some darn good reason for it, as production facilities don't just start up and shut down at the drop of a hat. It's a big deal, very expensive.

Can't speak to any of their many other factories around the country (like Federal) ... but this one is running 24/7..... (oh...and Potlatch is still making toilet paper too)
Yeah, I smelled Potlatch when I was there Monday. I stopped by the Sportsman's Warehouse and found some large pistol primers and some other goodies. Then treat my girlfriend to lunch at Zany's. Boy, their prices have gone up lately. Wanted so bad to go to Effie's, but doing the carb-free thing and would have destroyed my diet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top