JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never shot these. They a decent round??

I'd say that they are a step above the other brands of bulk packaged stuff.

The accuracy is good enough for me (about an inch at 25 yds) and reliability is good too (my Ruger 10/22s love them).

You know.....some brand of bulk 22LR ammo is just thrown into a box/bucket to be sold off. While, this CCI Blazer ammo is packaged 50 rds to a box and 10 boxes to a brick. Then, 10 bricks to a case. So, there is less probability of damaged cartridges.

Also, it's a 40 gr. lead bullet that is well formed and lubed. Me, I prefer lead 40 grain bullets over the plated bullets. And, it's rated as traveling at 1235 fps. (call it hi-velocity).

So......I'm not shooting dinner and I'm not shooting in a Match. But, given that it shoots well enough (for me) and at this sale price with FREE SHIPPING......well, I'm a buyer.

If you want to try some standard velocity ammo at a good price. See my posting about the GECO 22LR ammo on sale now at Target Sports USA.

Aloha, Mark

If anybody has received theirs yet, can you inform me whether these are the Blazer with the harder black lead or the grey lead? CCI makes 2 versions. Black bullets are only from the Lewiston plant and grey from their various other plants.
I only ask because I only shoot the black lead Blazer, because it seems much less prone to fouling, much more consistent and cleaner burning. I have used the grey once, but now I will only use black lead version.

I have e-mailed PSA several times and have never received a reply back... they probably think I'm nutz.

(I can be at times, but not this time)

Last Edited:
My boxes are marked:

CCI/SPEER OPERATIONS
LEWISTON ID 83501 U.S.A.

BTW.... they look more to the gray side in coloration vs. the black that I've seen before.

Aloha, Mark

Thanks, seems like they're not the black production. (all blazer boxes, regardless of location of manufacture, have the same address on them). There are lot #'s and a plant code stamped on the ends of the cases of 10 bricks that give the production location.
The CCI/Speer factory is maybe a 1/2 mile from my front door but they strictly won't sell direct to the public :(.

Lot# A202214 is marked on the 50 rd box. I did not notice a specific number on the brick (only UPC code).

If that helps you.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Thanks, seems like they're not the black production. (all blazer boxes, regardless of location of manufacture, have the same address on them). There are lot #'s and a plant code stamped on the ends of the cases of 10 bricks that give the production location.
The CCI/Speer factory is maybe a 1/2 mile from my front door but they strictly won't sell direct to the public :(.

So.....I was web surfing at YouTube and came across this.

OMG! Damm.....CCI is tricky.

Hummmm......I took a closer look at the 50 rd box that I received. Well, the 50 rd box is printed with the bar code printed on the end flap and Rev D above the bar code.

That being said, in my boxes, the bullet shape and coloration looks the same as in the YouTube video (right side of the picture). And, the plastic looks like the right side too. YouTube says it's Rev C.

Then.....
The box used for the brick within the case says: Rev E. It's the fold over style. NOT the tear off tab style.

Perhaps, CCI uses boxes that over the years have been printed differently or by a different printer? And, the boxes themselves are marked as Rev ___ by the printer?

Hummm......but then, if I was a company. Maybe, just printing one style of box would be far more economical. My other mfn could just draw stock from my single pile of boxes at my warehouse.

But then....what about the tray differences and the slightly bigger box size that was noted in the video? OK....the other mfn would have "their way" of production/automation. Thus accounting for, the different tray and box size.

IMHO......it's probably NOT the Rev ___ that is the "tell."

YES.....the bullets were obviously different in the video. I would also think that they were produced by a different "line or manufacturer."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
A YouTube review video on .22LR CCI Blazer, from a well known .22 shooter.

Aloha, Mark

PS....on another web site. This was posted.

The lot number on Federal manufactured starts with a "number" and ends with 3 numbers; example = 1HJ431.

The lot number of CCI manufactured starts with a "letter" and ends with 2 numbers; example = A03U22.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top