CCI 22LR promo bulk ammo

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by ma96782, Mar 31, 2018.

1. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM
    Lupercal1138, greghaz and B5Ben like this.
  2. kubota

kubota
    Oregon City

placed an order. thank-you for sharing.

3. winsler

winsler
    kalama washington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Never shot these. They a decent round??

coyotecaller likes this.
  4. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

I'd say that they are a step above the other brands of bulk packaged stuff.

The accuracy is good enough for me (about an inch at 25 yds) and reliability is good too (my Ruger 10/22s love them).

You know.....some brand of bulk 22LR ammo is just thrown into a box/bucket to be sold off. While, this CCI Blazer ammo is packaged 50 rds to a box and 10 boxes to a brick. Then, 10 bricks to a case. So, there is less probability of damaged cartridges.

Also, it's a 40 gr. lead bullet that is well formed and lubed. Me, I prefer lead 40 grain bullets over the plated bullets. And, it's rated as traveling at 1235 fps. (call it hi-velocity).

So......I'm not shooting dinner and I'm not shooting in a Match. But, given that it shoots well enough (for me) and at this sale price with FREE SHIPPING......well, I'm a buyer.

If you want to try some standard velocity ammo at a good price. See my posting about the GECO 22LR ammo on sale now at Target Sports USA.

Aloha, Mark

coyotecaller and Siglvr like this.
  5. winsler

winsler
    kalama washington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I appreciate the knowledge.. I picked up a few thousand but haven't been able to shoot them yet. I was impressed that they were individually protected as well.

6. Lupercal1138

Lupercal1138
    Portland, Oregon

I've used them before, good for the price. Low FTF count going through about a 1000 at the range.

7. albin25

albin25
    Lewiston Idaho

If anybody has received theirs yet, can you inform me whether these are the Blazer with the harder black lead or the grey lead? CCI makes 2 versions. Black bullets are only from the Lewiston plant and grey from their various other plants.
    I only ask because I only shoot the black lead Blazer, because it seems much less prone to fouling, much more consistent and cleaner burning. I have used the grey once, but now I will only use black lead version.

I have e-mailed PSA several times and have never received a reply back... they probably think I'm nutz.

(I can be at times, but not this time)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 3:03 PM
  8. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

My boxes are marked:

CCI/SPEER OPERATIONS
    LEWISTON ID 83501 U.S.A.

BTW.... they look more to the gray side in coloration vs. the black that I've seen before.

Aloha, Mark

albin25 likes this.
  9. albin25

albin25
    Lewiston Idaho

Thanks, seems like they're not the black production. (all blazer boxes, regardless of location of manufacture, have the same address on them). There are lot #'s and a plant code stamped on the ends of the cases of 10 bricks that give the production location.
    The CCI/Speer factory is maybe a 1/2 mile from my front door but they strictly won't sell direct to the public :(.

10. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

Lot# A202214 is marked on the 50 rd box. I did not notice a specific number on the brick (only UPC code).

If that helps you.

Aloha, Mark

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    albin25 likes this.