JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my girlfriends Sig .22 musquito only really like to shoot the CCI ammo. Remington's always jam up, I have some wildcats, havent tried those yet...Anyone know a good place to buy CCI's? Bi mart has been out every time i go there...Also, anyone have this dilema/problem of the Sig Musquito not liking certain ammo's? What do u run through it?

The BI-Mart on TV Highway in Hillsboro has had CCI everytime I have been in there recently. You could also try the Beaverton location on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway. Not horrible drives from F.G.

As for the SIG Mosquito being picky, I have heard that a lot. That is why I went for a Ruger MKIII 22/45. It eats everything I have ever put in it, and it is approaching 1500 rounds down the pipe. :s0155:

I am now considering getting a Walther P22 for the kids to learn on, as it is a smaller frame 22 than the Ruger, and like the Ruger, will eat any and all ammo. I know several people that have the P22 and love it. I have shot them also, and it was my 2nd choice after the Ruger.

Hope this helps.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

So my girlfriends Sig .22 musquito only really like to shoot the CCI ammo. Remington's always jam up, I have some wildcats, havent tried those yet...Anyone know a good place to buy CCI's? Bi mart has been out every time i go there...Also, anyone have this dilema/problem of the Sig Musquito not liking certain ammo's? What do u run through it?

Hi Felix,

I have a mosquito also and love it. Read the owner's manual and you'll see that the gun was designed using the CCI HP ammo. The addition spring, included in the box, can be used if you wish to fire the CCI Stingers. The blow-back on most other ammo is different, which causes the gun to not cycle properly.

That said, I've also used Winchester 22lr, and it has worked fine.

Frog.

Sweet thanx for the replies. I'll have to try the hillsboro Bi-mart. And yea, i did read the owners manual after we tried remingtons through it, thats how i learned about it being made for CCI's...The Sig feels amazing in my hand, really comfortable, but it is picky about ammo...thats my only complaint with it, nice lil pistol other than that! again, thanx for the replies!

When I had a mosquito it would eat just about everything I fed it. Your gun may have some rough spots that need to be smoothed out. The feed ramp, chamber mouth and slide rails come to mind. If you shoot it enough it will eventualy smooth itself out and become less picky. Taking it apart and polishing things up should speed up the process.

Mini-mags are fairly powerful and consistant. You may also try some of the Federal bulk pack. It tends to do well in semi autos as well.

Bi-Mart's store to store inventories vary a lot. I was in the Gresham store a few weeks ago and they had way more powders than the Washougal store. The Washougal store has more bullets.

Check some other stores.

Sweet, thanx for the tips! And to the4thshake, yea we havent been out to shoot it TOO much yet...i figured after a few times of taking it out it would lossen up a bit & be less picky...

I have one and love mine also. I shot about 500 rounds of CCI minimags first before switching to other ammo. I now use Remington bulk and my gun even cycles with remington subsonic. I love it so much, I am getting a second one.

Lebanon store usually has the CCI varmint mini mags, but my rifles seem to shoot the non hp target rounds into better groups. We have a S&W 22A 22lr pistol that is picky too, but shoots the mini mags without fail.

Checked the Forest Grove Bimart today and they had in a bunch of CCI Minimags, Felix. I always check Thursday or Friday. That stuff seems to go quick since they stock on Thursday morning (if I remember correctly).

Checked the Forest Grove Bimart today and they had in a bunch of CCI Minimags, Felix. I always check Thursday or Friday. That stuff seems to go quick since they stock on Thursday morning (if I remember correctly).

Oh wow thanx, good to know! may have to go in tomorrow then...AND its payday, YEA!! :s0155:

Haven't seen stingers in ages.
did score some cci blazers at LandL guns last week,those shoot real good in my carbine.price was high,22.00,but I paid it because I like them and hadn't found any for a looooooooooooong time.
btw, L and L is in dollars corner,just a couple of minutes off off I-5

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top