Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CCA Class

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Bajablast, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Anyone have a recommedation for Concealed Carry classes in Washington County?? I know that Beavercreek Arms holds them, but I want some feedback about a good place to take the class and what they cost.

Thanks in advance.

E

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

2. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Howard Baker in forest grove....wed nights, pm if you interested

3. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Liberty Group is holding classes at the nesy PDX Funshow.
    They are out of Salem i believe.
    RK

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

My wife needed a class for her CCW so we both took it together. We took the one at Bvcrk Armory and I guess it fulfilled the requirements but it wasn't very interesting. When the Crimson Trace infomercial portion began I started to feel like I was being recruited for a timeshare...:)

5. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

You mentioned two criteria - "good/quality" and "convenient" i.e. as in Washington County....often these two are not mutually exclusive. I cannot comment on the convenient aspect but will suggest several who meet the "quality/good". There are many people who offer this course as a hobby and there are some new kids on the block....it is my experience those who have been in the biz for a while, operate with integrity/honor, and produce high quality results are the following in no particular order: Wild Bill's Gun shop in Mollala, PSTC, or through Roger Moore.

I can vouch for all three--they are serious instructors with an impeccible track record and high quality results.

I also believe one of the sponsors of this forum offers this and other courses and they have a banner ad at the top - I however, cannot, comment on their quality nor convenience :)

6. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

A little out of your way, but Stuart at PSTC gives a high quality 4 hr. course PST-100 for $45.00. Many other advanced classes also given there.